Friday, August 2, 2024
Friday, August 2, 2024
- From Heaven to Hell Havianna got her ticket, Stevelle did not.
- Met and Asian girl on the street who was a member from the Philippines but inactive
- Met a member couple from Oregon
- Bought our first breadfruit
This morning we had to go to Castries and go to the bank and find out why Sheldon's check did not cash. We had to speak to a Mr. Andrews.
So here is the story. Mr. Andrews was on vacation this week and anytime a check is cash. He has to approve it. Since he was on vacation there was no one there to approve the check. So it was denied. I found it very interesting that a bank as big as this one has one man sitting in an office and every time a check is brought in to be cashed. It has to be approved through him first. And if it is not approved through him then the check is denied. The funny thing about it was that they said the signatures were invalid. I think they were just too lazy to check into it. Anyway, I passed the word on to Sheldon that the situation was fixed and to make sure he doesn't try to cash checks when Mr. Andrews is on vacation 🙂 .
We decided that we need to hang out around town a little more often. We were looking for Corey to wish him a happy birthday. Supposedly it's his birthday today. The church records show a different date for his birthday. And he told the missionaries that it was a different date than either one of our dates. Anyway, nobody's really sure. But why we were there. We stopped at S&S to buy some white out that Tina needed. When I went out the door there was a young, or at least she looked young. Very short Asian girl standing there. She spoke to me as I walked by and it turns out she is a member of the church from the Philippines. She said she lives here now and married a St. Lucian. We told her where the church was and invited her to come. She said she might. Our past experience that is usually a no. Anyway, we can only hope.
We were looking for Corey, who we never found. Couple from Oregon who are members of the church and said they would probably be to church on Sunday. It was nice talking to them and hopefully they come on Sunday.
As we were walking back to the parking garage where the truck was. We go by a lot of little food stands and market stands. A guy talked me into buying a breadfruit. We've never had one and he gave me instructions to cut it into four sections and boil it with the skin on. Once it's done. You don't eat the skin, just what's inside. We'll see how that turns out. We also bought a watermelon.
While we were at the market, I got a message from Sister medley and she said that they were able to convert the ticket they had for a girl that was no longer going to FSy to Havianna. We were super excited about that and her mom sells water between the roads in Castries and so we walked over to her and told her the good news. She was very excited. We were overjoyed and felt like it was an answer to our prayers and fasting in her behalf.
Unfortunately our joy would not last very long. When we got to the church this evening poor game and karaoke night. We were talking about everyone's tickets and one of the girls, Stevelle came up to me and told told me that she had not received a ticket. That made me very nervous cuz now I don't remember ever seeing her passport. I looked and could not find that I sent in her passport anywhere. I text sister Medley and ask her if she had it and she said she did not and had no plane ticket for her. The joy I had earlier turned to Total devastation as I know there is probably no way we can get her to the the FSY event now.
All's I wanted to do was go home. I did not want to talk to anybody anymore. I didn't want to be at the church. I just wanted to go home. I have to confess and repent, because I was very very angry about this and was yelling pretty loud inside the truck which was making Tina pretty uncomfortable. I was mad. Mostly at myself for not being more organized and caught that it was not sent in. I came home and went straight to bed. People were calling me but I did not answer the phone. I was so upset. Come to find out the south bus didn't show up and people need a ride home. I guess they figured it out because they all got home.
One of the local car washes.
Comments
Post a Comment