Friday, August 23, 2024

Friday, August 23, 2024

  • Darren Barbe doctor's appointment 
  • Visited Jane Nurse
  • Karaoke night and four friends came

This morning I got up early and had to go pick up. Darren Barbe and take him to the hospital for his doctor appointment. Last time I did this it was pretty much an all-day affair so I didn't want to stay there the whole time. I dropped him off at about 9:00 and told him to call me when he was done. 

I went up after leaving the hospital to visit Jane Nurse and see how things were going with her. She is getting by okay but would really like to open a shop out of her house so she could earn some extra money. We visited about several things and then I got ready to go home. I also was telling her that Yohan had a stove that he would give to Ashton because theirs broke. I told her that the missionaries would be working over at Yohans house tomorrow and they could help us load it up and bring it over and put it in his house.

I went back home and kicked around for a while. Waiting for Darren to get done. It was getting pretty late in the afternoon and he hadn't called so I was worried that his phone wasn't working. So Tina and I went back to the hospital. When I walked in. I got a call from him but cell service is bad in the hospital. So I looked around trying to find him and finally came out and he was sitting at the front and had just finished so it was perfect timing. We loaded him up and headed back to his place. Thank you. We stopped to pick up some prescription drugs at the doctor said that he needed. He said his leg was not healing and the bones were not growing back together and he needed to be more careful and was going to be in bed for another while. That was a bit of discouraging news.

On the way home I stopped at Aaron's house to drop off a large print Book of Mormon that I frown down at the church. His phone broke and the sisters brought him a standard Book of Mormon but the print was too small. So I told him I would get him one with large print. 

This evening Tina and I went in to the karaoke and game night at the church. There were quite a few people there and there were 4 friends who were not members. They got into the karaoke which is all we did tonight but the sisters also taught them a discussion. I am not sure how interested they are but they seem to enjoy themselves at the church.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025