Friday, August 9, 2024

Friday, August 9, 2024

  • Special Fourth Sunday soccer meeting 
  • FSY meeting this at the church tonight 
  • Noah's retainer found at the church 
  • Oprah Sutherland Church auditor in town from St. Vincent.

 I found out today that we have a special sacrament meeting on the fourth Sunday of this month. I'm not sure exactly what that means. I tried to attend a meeting about it last week but it was all in French or Spanish and I could not understand a word of it. I tried to do translate on the meeting and it did not work. 

Anyway, this morning I had a package come in at DHL that I needed to go pick up. I picked it up and it was full of cards. Probably a couple of hundred that we're supposed to be pass along cards where you put this date and time of the church meeting and handed out to somebody. 

Just another thing on my list that needs to be done. I'll wish that is already overwhelming. Oh well, we'll see what happens. One thing about it in two weeks it will be over and we either got it done right or we didn't. 

This evening we had a meeting with the youth about the FSY activity that is next Friday. I am not sure we are completely ready to go, but we're getting closer. I think they use finally realize that they have to dress modestly on this activity even though some have drug their feet on buying into that idea. They like to wear clothes more revealing, maybe because it is hot. 

We had a miracle happen tonight that started a couple of days back. Noah text me and said he lost his retainer. He was pretty upset, but I felt we could find it. The church, or between the church and his home. He took it out at the church. When he got home. It wasn't in his pocket. I told him to pray to Heavenly Father that it would be protected and whoever finds it if it was not him would return it to him. Well tonight we were at the church. I had come down Thursday and had looked all over to see if I could find it. I checked on the chairs in the chapel and did not see it. He checked all of her home and even called Sheldon our bus driver to see if it fell out of his pocket on his bus. We had no luck in finding it. Anyway, I had talked to Noah this morning and he said it was gone and we would not find it. I told him not to give up hope because I felt like we were going to. While we are at the church he was in one of the back rooms and someone came running back with his retainer. They had found it in the chapel on a chair I think. I guess I didn't look very good or it was returned to that spot so we could find it. He was amazed about that. And pretty happy. 

Everyone at the church helped clean it up and get it ready for Sunday. It was the young women's responsibility to do that. 

I have a church Audit tomorrow and opreth. Sutherland was flying in this evening from St. Vincent. He is the auditor. I had to pick him up at the airport and take him to his hotel. The same one that we stayed at when we first came to St. Lucia. He seems to be a very nice now and very dedicated to the church.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025