Monday, August 19, 2024

Monday, August 19, 2024

  • Visited Darren Barbe
  • Visited Rouchelle Raphael 
  • Visited Geneva Williams 
  • Visit Donna Sonson
  • Dinner with Verona and Stevelle Celise 

This morning I got up and headed north to visit Darren Barbe. I told him I would take him out for a ride to get him out of his container for a bit. We went up to pigeon Island and parked along the beach and he told me stories of growing up and what things he did around here. 

After that we drove over to castenboss Beach and drove out on the point and sat for a little while and again he told me of things he's done hit during his lifetime. I think he enjoyed getting out and he's always got something to talk about so he's easy to be with. 

Why we were at the beach? He saw his cousin who we yelled at for a long time but for some reason he never heard us why we were yelling at him. Some guy jumped in the back of our truck and needed a ride down to Rodney Bay. After we dropped him off we went to the clinic and picked up some gauze and sore cleaner or Darren's foot and then I took him home. 

After I left I went over and visited with Rouchelle for about an hour. It was kind of funny when I pulled up. She was sitting in her shop in the corner by a window with bars on it where she always sits. There was a guy outside the window talking to her look like he was giving a confession to a priest. I asked them if this is the confession line. They thought that was pretty funny. 

We probably visited for about 45 minutes and she gave me a bake and a drink. She is always very generous to us. 

I left there and went to Jean Williams Home to check on her. I visited with her landlord who runs a shop right above her house for about 20 minutes and caught up on what all was going on around the neighborhood. After that I went down to Jeans house. We talked about how she was doing and everything that's going on in her life with her family. I was there probably 30 or 40 minutes. She was cleaning fish while I was talking to her that somebody had given her. she had a problem with her waist and had to go in for surgery. She said it is healing on the inside but not very well on the outside and she still has a lot of pain. 

I meant to stop by Aaron's house also but I missed the turn going to sister Williams place. I'll catch him tomorrow. 

I went home for a little while then we went to find an inactive member named Donna Sonson. We were able to locate her house and there were a bunch of bunch of children on laying on the porch. We talked to them and found out they were the children of Donna or relatives but she wasn't home. We had a good visit with the kids and we're hoping Donna would come home but she didn't. So we went home.

This evening we took Verona and Stevelle how to dinner. We left stevelle pick the place. It was a little restaurant up at Rodney Bay. The food was good and it was right on the ocean so the atmosphere was nice along with a full moon. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025