Saturday, August 10, 2024
Saturday, August 10, 2024
- Branch audit
- Vieux Fort audit. We were the drivers
- Yellow Fever cards picked up.
- Got home late
- Donovan Gustave sick.
This morning we got up at 7:00 and went shopping. We are completely out of food. We had to go early so we left around 7:30 to pick up the food because I have an audit with Brother Sutherland at 9:00 a.m. while we were shopping, we ran into him at the store he wasn't looking for a toothbrush.
Once we got done we ran over and picked him up and went to the church. We were supposed to meet sister George there at 9:00 also. But she didn't show up till almost 10:00. She thought the meeting started at 10:00 and she was early. Anyway, we had a chance to go over a few things while we were waiting for her.
The audit went smoothly and everything was pretty much in order. After we completed the audit we went up to Rodney Bay and found a restaurant for lunch. We were going to visit a member but we couldn't get a hold of any. Brother Sutherland wanted to visit any member. I had one in mind, Linda, that we baptize not too long ago and she wanted a blessing. Anyway, she was off to a funeral and we were not able to get a hold of her.
After lunch we drove to Vieux Fort to do their audit. It takes about an hour and a half to drive down there. Tina and I went only because he needed transportation. He was telling me later that he felt bad about asking us to take him because he didn't realize it was so far. Anyway, there was a nice ride so we didn't mind. Why they did the audit. We went over to the missionaries home down there, Elder Douglas and Elder somebody and they were both sick. They think it might have been something they ate but weren't sure. I tried to keep my distance and they had some papers that we needed for the Youth for their yellow fever shots that we had got a couple of months ago. But for some reason we have been unable to locate them. They filled them out again for us. The missionary said they weren't happy about it but they did it and we're going to charge us $5 a paper. It ended up they decided to do it for free.
It was very rainy down there this afternoon, I mean pouring rainy. We didn't head home until about 5:00 p.m. and got home late. We dropped sister George off at her house and then took brother Sutherland to his motel and went home and went to bed.
Donavan Gustave called me today to let me know he has been sick and probably wouldn't make it to church. I know he worries about me worrying about him not being there as he made a commitment that he would be. I told him to get better and that I hope he comes to church because of his faith in Jesus Christ and not that I will be disappointed in him.
Comments
Post a Comment