Saturday, August 24, 2024
Saturday, August 24, 2024
- An adventurous day with Yohan and Ashton
- The youth return from FSY
I had a pretty full day today. We got up at about 7:00 and went grocery shopping because I needed to go downtown and meet Yohan and pick up a few more windows and doors for him. We went to a store that was down in the middle of Castries. Parking was so tight so we had to call ahead so they would move a van so we could park at the store to load the windows. Once we were done they brought the van back and we pulled out and they put the van back in there so anybody else that stopped by could pull in there.
Why we were there Ashton Joseph called and wanted to speak with me. He told me he took the day off because I had told his mother the day before that we had a stove at Yohan's house that we wanted to bring over to replace his stove which was broken. I told him we wouldn't stop by and pick him up and take him down to Yohan's and get the stove. So we picked up. Ashton and went to Yohans and unloaded the windows and doors that we bought and carried them up to his house then we carried the stove down to the truck. Then we went and got five bags of cement for Yohan and his cousin. We went back to his house and hauled them up to his house. Then we went back to Ashton's to take the stove and put it in his house. Then we went back and dropped yohan off at his house. Then we took a weed eater that Ashton had bought over close to where we live to a shop where he traded it in. Then we drove back to Ashton's house to drop him off. So I did a lot of traveling today.
Why I was at Ashton's house? He told me that him and Crystal had broke up and she had moved out. They have one child. Amoy and Crystal is pregnant with their second child. I was heartbroken about this because just last week we were talking about helping him get married so she could get baptized and he could get back in full fellowship into the church. It was a long story and it took him about 2 hours to tell it to me. I gave him some counsel here and there but I'm not sure it did any good. These people are a very spiritual people and have strong impressions about things and experiences. Ashton was telling on me about one day he was standing there and and could hear a trumpet and he couldn't figure out where it was coming from. He went outside and it sounded like it was coming from the sky. He looked up and saw a figure in the clouds that I guess looks something like the Savior. Anyway, he had a very spiritual experience with it. He told me several other stories, which of course I cannot remember that were Faith promoting.
We finally finished up and I got home about 2:00 p.m.
The youth are coming home from FSY Tonight. They are supposed to be here at 7. :00 but they notified me and told me that their flight was delayed. I told them to just call me when they were getting ready to leave. Barbados where they were laid over. I guess they did but by the time they sent the message they had lost cell service and I never got it. I was home watching a Little League world series game. When I got a call that they were home at the airport. We hustled down and picked them up and took all the kids home. Tina and I had the farthest to go and it took about an hour and 15 minutes to get out and back.
I ran into Robert Fontillo and he apologized for not coming to church last week and said for sure he would be there tomorrow. I didn't realize it at the time, but there was a firestorm brewing.
Comments
Post a Comment