Saturday, August 31, 2024

Saturday, August 31, 2024

  • Donna Israel baptism
  • Men with questions about the church
  • Donna had to be baptized twice
  • Shopping
  • Seminary Graduation and cleaning the church

Today, actually this morning I had this thought that we need to get the local members to take over almost everything in the branch, it is going to be a challenge, but I hope we can accomplish it. It will take a real mind set change. They tell me that they want to do everything, but I'm pretty sure they are content to let us and the missionaries take care of everything.

Anyway at 10 we had the baptism of Donna Israel. She lives in a shelter just around the corner from the church. She is quiet, but was excited to be baptized. We went down to the church and the baptism was supposed to start at 10, but it was closer to 10:30 before we got going. 

Sister Linda Joseph gave a very good talk on baptism. She was only baptized about a month ago and this is her 2nd time speaking. There was a very strong spirit as she spoke about baptism. 

After her talk we went to Viggi beach to our normal place and had the baptism. There was some people there that I got talking to and one of them was pretty knowledgeable  about the church. He was asking about living in heaven and did we believe that Satan and Jesus were brothers. They also ask about Joseph Smith and the golden bible. We answered all their questions. The baptism had to be done twice as part of Donna's close didn't go under. The men were asking why it had to be done twice. They said thank you and left us. We were done at that point anyway.

Sister Donna Israel being baptized.

Elder Miner, Sister Donna Israel and Elder Sandberg 

After the baptism.

We went home after the baptism and I did show check reconciliation and then we went shopping for food for the week.

After that we went back to the church for Seminary certificate presentation. As usual the technology did not work. So we had our own graduation. There was Havianna Davis, Stevelle Celise and Tren Edwards who is not a member. Because we couldn't here a single thing we had our on little graduation as I said and all the youth spoke. They did a good job. Stevelle is a real missionary. She invited Havianna to church and I baptized her about a month ago. Stevelle also invited Tren who is a really nice young man and I could see him joining the church some day.

Seminary students Havianna Davis, Stevelle Celise, and Tren Edwards


After the graduation we cleaned the church for Sunday. We took Lyris, Havianna and Stevelle and Verona home then we came home. It was a nice evening.

It is Cierra's birthday today and Tina called to wish her a happy birthday. They we down in Hurricane for Peach days.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025