Sunday, August 18, 2024

Sunday, August 18, 2024

  • Dallon Hunt past missionary visits
  • Sister Lyris Davis and Linda Joseph gave their first talk's today in church.
  • Odella came to church and taught temple preparation class
  • Blessing for Linda
  • Temple recommend for Stevelle
  • Members that never come to church want to meet with me
And this morning we had a real good downpour for about 20 minutes. I worry about rain because it usually scares off a few of the members from coming to church. 

Turns out we had a pretty good turnout today. We have an elder who served here for almost a year and has since gone home from his mission came back to visit and I think that brought a lot of people out to church. His name is Dallon Hunt. Just judging from his personality. He must have been a real fireball. I think he ended up being an assistant to the president. 

Anyway, since he was in town we had him speak also. He did a good job. We also had Linda Joseph speak for her first time in church. Along with Lyris Davis. Sister Linda spoke on the importance of getting baptized. Her talk wasn't very long but it was very good. Sister Lyris spoke on prayer and gave a fairly long talk and hers was excellent also. You can tell from whatever religion she came from that she was taught to have faith in prayer.

Sister Linda has had some health issues and we gave her a blessing after church. I asked Matthew our branch mission leader to help me. It was a good experience for all of us. Linda has some concerns about breast cancer.

I also met with Stevelle to give her a limited use recommend. She is such a pleasant girl. The church wants all our youth to have recommends. 

I visited with another member and she reported to me that she met Sister Williams in the store and she is having trouble pay her rent. I just met with her and she and asked her if she needed anything and she said no.

Odella came to church again today and taught our Temple preparation class again. She did excellent last time she taught. Unfortunately I was called out so I didn't get to hear all that she talked about today. Really focused on her to try and get her back to church. 

I guess the word is getting around that there's a new Branch president in town as I'm getting a few people that are members that I've never seen at church before coming back. And they all want to visit with me. I have a pretty good idea what that's all about. In fact, I know what one of them is about as I have visited with him twice. He pretty much always needs money. They like to test the new Branch presidents to see if they're going to have open pockets to the money or not. There was another one that I have not seen at church since I have been here and he was invited by Elder Hunt. He called me tonight and said he would like to visit with me. I have also never seen this person at church either. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025