Sunday, August 4, 2024

Sunday, August 4, 2024

  • Yohan conducts testimony meeting.
  • Yohan and his stair downs
  • Breadfruit 

Well, my stress day is here again. Actually it turned out pretty good today. It was fast Sunday and Yohan normally does not show up because he does not like to bare his testimony in front of a crowd. But he did today. Yohan is actually quite capable of becoming a branch president. Just a little more commitment. But I think that would happen if he was the branch president.

Yohan is funny too cuz when he's conducting and it's fast Sunday if it's slow for people getting up he gives him a stare down till they finally get up. He really has a good personality to be a good Branch president. He likes to tease and he can be serious and he gets things done.

We had a lot of tithing this week because we didn't do it last week and we did it the week before but somebody came in as we were just finishing up and gave us a cup of envelopes. So really we had some tithing back 3 weeks. 

We got that done and took Yohan home and then went home and fixed dinner. 

I think I forgot to mention that I bought a breadfruit the other day and we decided to cook it up for our meal today. It wasn't too bad and tasted a lot like a potato. That is how I ate it with butter and salt and pepper on it. It's a little finer texture. We made a ton of it that way would never eat and so we took most of it over to Tasha. She said she could use it. 

We fast today for missionary work. We had over a zoom call Saturday night. We all got together with the mission president and started our fast with a prayer. They have a goal of 16 baptisms this month which I guess has never happened before. 

We had a call with Cade and his family tonight. They all gathered around and we told them a little bit about what we had been doing this week. We're trying to do a better job of connecting with grandchildren and staying in their lives. They all gathered around except for Connor. He's that age where he doesn't really want to hang around Grandma and Grandpa too much. 

Sam called and he does most every Sunday. I don't know if I said but they bought a new house after he finished school. They live in Ogden now. Their house seems to be pretty nice and it's much bigger than what they had. He usually works about 6 days a week at the hospital. He seems to enjoy it. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025