Thursday, August 22, 2024

Thursday, August 22, 2024

  • Missionary house and car inspections 
  • Troubles in Vieux Fort 
  • Yohan rides to Vieux Fort with us and met his in-laws 
  • Beef versus smoked heron

Today was our big inspection day for the missionary apartments and their cars. 

We started out with the elders up north and inspected their house and car. Everything was in pretty decent shape. 

We next went to the sisters and inspected their house and car. They are teaching somebody and they wanted to be baptized on Sunday morning before church. I thought that would be okay but we would have to start early like 8:00 to be done by 10:00 when church starts. 

After the sisters inspection, we headed to Vieux Fort to inspect the elders down there apartment and their car. Oh, yohan called and wanted to know if he could ride down with us. We said yes so we stopped and picked him up on the way. 

On the way down there is a little bread shop along the side of the road that we stopped at and picked up some sandwiches. I thought they were beef because I couldn't understand them which I usually can't when they're telling me about names or food and it turned out that it was smoked heron. It wasn't the best but it was okay with the smoke flavor kind of killed some of the fish flavor. 

We got to Vieux Fort and went to the elder's house to do the inspections. Elder Douglas was up but his companion was still in bed and this was about 2:00 p.m. Elder Douglas goes home in 2 weeks and I think he is just trying to hang in there and is really not pushing his companion too hard. I encouraged him to try and utilize some of his skills which are cooking and drawing and maybe that would motivate him to get up and go do something. He didn't seem to be too optimistic about it. I was going to let it go but I just couldn't. I felt something needed to be said to the mission president. I would like to see Elder Douglas and on a positive note. So I messaged him and told him the situation. I guess. President Burnham called him right then and explained what a missionaries was supposed to do and ask him if he wanted to day on his mission and be that kind of missionary. He said he did. I don't know what kind of trouble I've created but hopefully if they will pick it up and and on a strong note.

While we were there johan's wife, Sharlyne's parents live down there. I think her father's passed away but her mother and brother and maybe a sister lived there. They were all raised in the church which is not found here very often. They were very friendly and seem to enjoy us stopping by and visiting. We helped her brother write a cover letter for some jobs he was applying for and didn't get so I'm not sure how much we really helped him. Anyway, he was a pleasant guy and very friendly. After visiting with them we headed back Castries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025