Thursday, August 8, 2024
Thursday, August 8, 2024
1. Look for Noah's retainer
2. Cleaned attic of bat poop
2. Visited Aaron holder
3. Visited. Darren Barbe
4. Visited. Jean Williams
I went down to the church building this morning to look for Noah 's wash retainer. I looked all over but could not find it.
While I was there, I decided to clean out the room next to the chapel. It's kind of a storeroom but we had bats in the Attic and they pooped everywhere up there and it fell through and is a real mess and stinks. At first I was just going to look up there to see if the bats were gone and they were. But one thing led to another. Before long I had a vacuum and was cleaning out the attic. It was a real mess. Took me a few hours to do it.
I got the room cleaned out and moped the floor and sanitized everything and it was pretty good. The only problem is there is no air conditioning in that room and it could be pretty hot. Anyway, it's nice and clean and I'll bring a fan from home and see if it will work out where we're going to use it for the temple preparation class because on the 2nd and 4th Sunday the relief Society around this being used.
I came home and we went and visited. Aaron to see how he was doing since his fall fall. He seems to be doing okay and his head is healing up where he fell and cut above his eye. He had to get stitches. He also screamed and bringed up his leg and it was quite swollen. But everything is looking better from last week when we came and checked on him.
After going to his home we went out to check on Darren. Of course he was along in his container and a little lonely. I think. We visited for a bit and he was out of water so we went over to his neighbors and filled up all of his water buckets. He's still not mobile. I'm pretty much just sets in his container all day long. I don't know how he does it. I think enough people come by and check on him and visit with him dead if he makes his day a little more bearable. He was telling us about all the kind acts that people do for him.
He actually read from his Book of Mormon a couple of scriptures that he had marked related to some things he had been thinking about. I was kind of impressed about that. We had a prayer when we were done and he was very emotional when we left him.
After Darren's we went to Gene Williams home and visited with her. We took a little pamphlet with us about family history and how she could fill in names for her ancestors. She said she would not do it. These people are very superstitious about putting any information on the internet. It wasn't because she was rebelling but she was not going to put anything out there that someone might use without her knowing.
Comments
Post a Comment