Tuesday, August 27, 2024
Tuesday, August 27, 2024
- District Leader Meeting
- Help Lambert to get money for internet
- Sister Jane to the eye doctor for shot in eye
- Took Sister Jane to visit Rouchelle
We had District leader meeting this morning and it was a little better than the one we had last week. We have a baptism coming up on Saturday or a lady named Donna.
Lambert had called me earlier this morning about needing help to get his internet turned back on so his son could register for high school or whatever they call it over here. Probably college. I told him that we could not use fast offering funds to pay for internet as it was more of a luxury than I need. He needed 300 EC dollars. I told him I would give him $100 out of my personal pocket if he could come up with the other 20. Apparently he had a plan because he was at the church waiting for me to get the 100. He had sold some personal CDs to raise another hundred and he was getting a third 100 from his sun so I guess he was able to get it.
After we were done with District leader meeting and we went up and picked up sister Jane to take her to the eye doctor. She has something going on with her eyes that it sounds like most likely she will eventually go blind but I'm not sure. Anyway, they are going to give her a shot in the eyeball that is supposed to help. We kind of dread the eye doctor appointments because we are there so long. But it turns out that if you are getting the shot in your eye, it goes very quickly and we are probably only there for about a half hour versus the 3 or 4 hours we are usually there.
After the eye doctor we took with sister Jane up to visit with Rouchelle. They both sit on the back row at church and have become friends over time. They are also both missing a leg so I guess they got that in common too.
Anyway, we went up and got sister Jane into Rouchelle's market and they had a good old time visiting for probably almost a couple of hours. And they talked about juicy gossip and funny things too. Anyway, it was a good time for all of us. And me being the only man there I just kind of sit away from them and took it all in.
Sister Rochelle gave us a bake to eat. They are really good. She always gives them to us for free but I feel guilty so we paid her a little money. This time. She reminds me of a friend back home of mine Bob Scow. He is a mechanic and fixes a lot of my broken down vehicles but he won't take any money from me. When I ask Rouchelle how much I owe for her bakes she says $60 and then laughs.
Comments
Post a Comment