Monday, September 2, 2024
Monday, September 2, 2024
- Zone Conference
- Harvey Returns
We had Zone conference today. He always received good training which is good for Tina and I to know but is mostly directed towards the missionaries and their work.
They do a lot of role-play which I dislike with a passion, but I know where there's beneficial in helping us to be better missionaries. The missionaries seem to really enjoy it.
The Zone conference took most of the day. Tina and I were given the assignment to train on the proper use of technology. We gave some quotes from president Nelson and showed a video that was created with a talk from Elder. Richard g. Scott. He gave an analogy of rock climbing and doing it solo and doing free climbing versus having a partner and all of the ride equipment. We likened it to the use of technology, particularly their phones and how looking at your phone without others around you can lead to inappropriate use. And we also spoke about a talk that was given I think this last conference, about protecting the personal times in your life. It essentially was saying what we should be doing when nobody is watching.
One thing that changed on this Zone conference was that the Polynesian Elders wanted to do lunch. Normally Tina and I do it it. They were really excited about it. They did a pit barbecue type food and my stuff took a while to do but it was good, well it was good for the type of food that they cooked. They did chicken and it was excellent but then they did a bunch of other weird vegetables and they were okay. Tina made some bread rolls just to have something else to go with what they were making.
My favorite friend Harvey stopped by about eight times trying to get me to give him some money. I kept telling him that money isn't what he needs, well he does need it but not from me. I told him to go to the homeless shelter to see if he could get in there. He was supposed to go there a few weeks ago when they had an opening. He was supposed to be there at 9:00 but didn't show up until about 11:00. I don't know if it mattered because they said they didn't have any openings at this time. He showed up an hour or later and I gave him lunch from what the missionary had made. He showed up a little later to see if I had called his mom. I told him I had not because I had been in meetings all day. He showed up a little later and wanted more money so he could buy food. So he said. I think he came by one more time and I told him that I would bring him dinner. I gave him my phone number and told him to call me this evening and let me know where he was and I would bring him dinner. He never called. I am sure he is struggling but he is not responding to my request for him to be at church or do the things I ask him to do. I don't want to abandon him but I'm not going to do things for him that he can do for himself. That is why he is in the mess he is in. I'm sure I will hear from him tomorrow.
Comments
Post a Comment