Sunday, September 1, 2024
Sunday, September 1, 2024
- Fasting for Gayle Tina's sister with cancer
- President Burnham and his wife in town.
- Diann Davey moving to England and shared an inspirational story in her testimony.
- My new friend Harvey
- The Burnham's over for dinner
- Sam called
- Brett's Birthday
I was bound and determined that I was going to have a relaxing Sunday. Today. It is fast Sunday and we are fasting for Tina's sister Gayle. She had a cancer spot on her neck and she went in to get it tested and they said she has cancer all through her body. She is starting chemo and radiation. I guess right away. We are praying for her.
President Burnham and his wife are in town this weekend for his own conference tomorrow. I have several people needing Temple recommends so I have been setting up appointments for him. We have them all scheduled for today.
First thing off the bat Yohan called me and said he was not coming to church. That's about it on every other week occurrence.
Thankfully today is fast Sunday so I didn't have to worry about speakers.
We got Feria and Merlika he interviewed by President Burnham before church. After church, he interviewed Kimberly Santos and Shomario Jn Paul. Shomario was also interviewed to be made an Elder. They all passed.
Sacra meeting was excellent and there was a very good spirit in the meeting. We had some great testimonies. We ran a little late but Diann Davey is moving to England and she did not speak so I asked her to come up and bear her testimony. It was a little long but very good. She told a story of when she was first married and was pregnant. She said they had no food in the house. Diann's told a story about the not having any food on Christmas day and she wears clear out of salt. The branch president fell inspired to go buy some food and included in the food was salt. She thought that was totally inspired as who would buy salt when they were going to buy food for summer. She considered it a real miracle.
I have a interesting situation going on that I don't know if I have said anything about. There is a man by the name of Harvey who is a member of the church but has never came out. Showed up a few weeks ago asking for food. Actually he was asking for money. I gave him some personal money out of my pocket and he took it and left. Never even same. Thank you. Anyway. He showed up a few days later and wanted more money. I told him I didn't have any to give him. So he left. I thought maybe that was the last of him, but he came back again and I told him I was not going to give him any more money. We were having activity and we had pizza there so I gave him a couple of slices of pizza. He said he wanted me to call his mother because she was supposed to be sending him money and a plane ticket to go to England. Someone told me he told that to Elder Hall also so I'm not sure I believe him. I told him he needed to come and attend church. He said he would be there. Of course he said that last week too. He did show up after church was almost over and said he really needed some help. We had a long discussion in the back room and I told him that giving him money was of no help to him as I knew Elder Hall had put him up in a motel for 2 weeks. And I told them that here he is back asking for more so that wasn't what he needed. I really stressed to him that he needed to focus his life more on Jesus Christ and come to church. He kept trying to bring it back. If he just had a little money things could work out. I told him I was not going to give him any money. I told him I would set something up again at the homeless shelter around the corner. Anyway, I forgot to call them. I am not sure where he is really living. He tells me he's living on the streets. At least he won't freeze to death. I'm sure he has somebody to stay with because these people have people like that all over the place. I told him to be at the homeless shelter around 9:00 and find out if they had any openings that he could get in there and he said he would be.
We went home after church. It was all over and president and sister Burnham came over for dinner. We had a very nice visit with them. He was a trial lawyer in Canada and he is a very competitive person. That makes him a perfect Mission president. We pray for them because their schedule is crazy. Trying to do Zone conferences every 6 Weeks and has seven islands to travel to.
They went home or back to their motel. Tina made chocolate chip cookies. All in all it wasn't too bad of a day.
Sam called and updated us on his doctoring job and he's working night shifts. Actually. I think he just finished up his night shift.
We called Cameron to wish Brett a happy birthday. They were over at Natalie's place for the long weekend. This is the Labor Day weekend in the US.
| Sister Julie's Charlemagne son Nervon Mederick took two silver medal's |
| St Lucia boxing team took 3rd in the tournament. Nervon Mederick holding the St Lucia flag on the right |
Comments
Post a Comment