Sunday, September 22, 2024

Sunday, September 22, 2024

  • District Conference
  • Meeting with Geneva Williams
  • Called Noah to encourage him

Finally, a relax day at church. 2 full hours of District conference on Zoom. We have really had problems with zoom and the sound system at St Vincent where the conference was broadcast from. Noah had stayed late yesterday to set up the projector and the screen. We have never used it since I have been here, but he had it all set up when we came in this morning. 

Noah wasn't planning on coming to church for some reason, but I had to call him to get things working. He he finally came in and helped me out. He was dressed in Levi's and wearing a baseball cap. I am a little worried about him going on a mission. He has a hard time staying focused and he is older (25 in November) Anyway he came and really helped out. He is very talented when it comes to technology. Unfortunately he is not reliable and does not go to work when he should. He just doesn't go. Maybe he will grow out of it. 

There were a few glitches in the broadcast. President De 'Beauville spoke, but we couldn't hear him to well. Sister D also spoke and gave a really good talk. President Selman spoke on Light vs Darkness. He has a high pitch voice and was a little hard to hear. It is unfortunate that that the technology is such a distraction. Sister and President Burnham both spoke. Sister Burnham spoke on the Book of Mormon. President Burnham spoke on the Law of Chasity and other things. He challenged everyone last night to read the Book of Mormon by the April 2025 general conference. 

After conference I met with Sister Geneva Williams about her situation with money. She can't pay her rent. I met with her and we tried to put together a plan to be self reliant. The meeting didn't go to well, but I agreed to pay her rent this month.

This evening I called Noah and visited with him for a bit. I tried to encourage him and told him that I thought he seemed to be down a bit. We visited a while and set up a plan that we would call him every night at 8 and read the book of Mormon together.

Building a house being held up with bamboo poles

Man building his own house. Bamboo poles holding up the floor for a cement pour


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025