Thursday, September 26, 2024
Thursday, September 26, 2024
- Meeting Angie
- Went to Yohan's work for him to sign some checks
- Very rainy today got in some weird mud
- Elders found person on facebook
- Sister Jane and Crystal
- Block plant
This morning we had to get going pretty early to get to Castries to meet Angie McCaunley at the eye doctor at 9am. The traffic was terrible this morning and we were a little late. Being late here does not mean that much as they work you in no matter what time you get there, unless it is closing time. We went to WASCO the water company to pay a water bill at we got there at 1 minute after 3pm and they close at 3 and they would not let us in. Anyway, parking is hard to find in Castries so you just drop one person off, I dropped Tina off, and then drive around the block a couple of times until they come back out. Like I said it was a zoo down town today and just driving around the block took some time, by the time I got back around Tina had just walked out and jumped in the truck.
I needed to get some checks signed by Yohan Pierre my counselor in the Branch presidency and he lives on the other side of the mountain from Castries so since we were close we went to his work and he signed some checks for me. The checks require two signatures. They don't really check for the two signatures because I didn't have any checks with Yohans signature on them and I was in a bind so I just signed it and it went through. I don't think it is a bank policy, but a church policy.
It was very rainy today, or at least this morning. Going to Yohan's work which was down a dirt road got this oil based stuff on my truck. It looked like it was going to take the paint off the truck so I went home and spent most of the afternoon trying to wash it off. I got it off mostly, but in some places it left marks that I don't think will ever come out.
The elders called tonight to tell me about a person that contacted them through facebook that is interested in the church, but is in prison. They can't teach him, but was wondering if Tina and I could as a senior couple. I didn't think so, but told them to contact President Burnham. They did and he told them what I thought, they could get him information, but couldn't teach him until he gets out of prison.
Oh, I almost forgot that we went to visit Crystal Hippolyte who is Ashtons girlfriend, or was, they are on the out's right now and she is looking for a place to live, but can't afford it so she has to live there. Not a great situation. Anyway she said she was on her way home and wait for us. We thought she would be there pretty soon because she said she was on the bus. She didn't get there for over an hour. We had a nice visit with Sister Jane Nurse while we waited. Amoy was there and he is a handful to entertain. I take my hat off to Sister Jane as she only has one leg and tries to keep him in check. Crystal finally got home and we visited with her for a bit then left.
One other thing, while we were waiting for Crystal, there is a block plant next to Sister Jane's house and I wanted to go see it and see how they make the block. They do have a machine and they mix the cement for the block on the ground by hand. They work hard. It was interesting.
![]() |
| Block machine |
![]() |
| Block coming out on the back side |
![]() |
| They said it takes about 2 days to make that many block |



Comments
Post a Comment