Tuesday, September 3, 2024
Tuesday, September 3, 2024
- Captain Mikes Boat Tours Whale and dolphin watching
- Harvey called
- Diann Davey going to England tomorrow.
You remember the whale watching trip we had planned for Thursday and missed we had rescheduled for today.
We did our scripture study and got ready to go and left earlier so we wouldn't be late. We left around 7:30 but the problem was we forgot that school has started to and that is a very busy time here. The traffic was really backed up and we didn't think we were going to make it. Neither did the people at the boat place. They called at 7:30 and we said that we are at the Gap of Grand Revere and would be there shortly. She did not think we would make it because of traffic. The traffic was having but it was moving a bit. We actually got there before 8:00. Turned out there were several people that got thereafter us. So we were fine.
That trip was a lot of fun. We've seen many whales and some dolphins. I took lots of pictures to try and get a few good ones as they would come up and down.
One of the shipmates got talking to Tina and they got on the subject of religion. It's easy to do because we are wearing our name tags and they always have questions. Anyways, they talk for quite a while and he said that he would like to have a Book of Mormon. When we got back too shore we had one in the truck and she went and got it and gave to the young man.
One of the things that he said is he wanted to marry a virtuous woman. That is pretty hard to find on this island. A scripture that tells that of virtuous woman's price will be far by Ruby's is true here and I think most everywhere else. Also. I have one father is very patient with the wickedness of the world.
Harvey called me to see if I had called his mom and I had tried but no one picks up and the number looks a little suspicious. Anyway. It's a number in England and it just has some oddity to it. When I look at it and WhatsApp. You can add symbols and things to your profile and they have skeleton heads and things like that. It seems odd that his mother would be putting those types of things on her profile. Anyway, I called limp seven or eight times and they never answered with the number he gave me. For some reason he has lost his phone and he called me on a number of someone he must have borrowed from. He told me to call him back at that number. I called him to tell him that no one answered that phone number he gave me and the number he gave me to call him back no one answered. Had that phone number either. So I'm not sure what he has going on.
Diann Davey is leaving tomorrow to go to England and we'll go to the temple then while she is there. We made a point to run into her and Tina gave her a little going away. Gift little casing for your temple. Recommend with a picture of Jesus Christ on It. She was downtown trying to get to the bank or she was waiting in line. The banks here are very very slow. Anyway she jumped in the truck. We gave her her gift and drove around the block because there is no parking room and brought her back to the bank and gave her a hug and said goodbye. I really like her. She has been a long time member. He has been very good to the missionaries and I think the Lord has blessed her because of her goodness to them.
After that we went home and I pretty much worked on catching up all my banking stuff which is always more complicated than it seems like it should be.
We watched a movie and went to bed.
Comments
Post a Comment