Monday, October 14, 2024
Monday, October 14, 2024
- Clayton John De'Beauville passed away today
Today I have some of the saddest new that I have had for a long time. I just found out this after noon that President Clayton John De'Beauville (President D) passed away this afternoon. I got a call from Yohan Pierre my first counselor and he said that he heard that President D passed away. He is the second counselor in the District Presidency. Anyway, I told Yohan I would find out. I called Sister D and noone answered. So I called Lambert who just lives up the road from the D's and he said he just got home and had not heard anything. I asked him if he would go down and check and let me know. A short time later he called me back and said he had in fact passed away. I could not believe it. He had sat by me yesterday and we had visited after sacrament meeting. He bore his testimony and told us he had been having difficulty breathing. He is a man of great wisdom and really thinks things out before saying anything. If it is an important matter, he will write down his thoughts so he gets them just how he wants it said. He was no different in his testimony yesterday. He had wrote down many things that he wanted to say. He thanked Sister Johnson and I for putting our lives on hold to come out and serve the Lord and he encouraged the members to listen to because we have much to teach. That was kind of him say that and have that much faith in us.
I guess he was having trouble breathing and so Sister D took him to the hospital. They were a little slow, she was at OKEU and she thought she should take him to Tapion which is a much better hospital. As they were waiting he told her he thought he was dying. She told him not to give up and fight. He said he was to tired of fighting. She said she knows that she doesn't have the priesthood, but she put her hands on his head and begged Heavenly Father not to take him. But he passed away.
It is now evening and I wanted to go over and be with her, but I have been sick and felt like I better not. I woke up sick this morning, actually during the night. She did reply to my text with a think you. I am very sad tonight.
![]() |
| Clayton John De'Beauville passed away on Monday October 14, 2024 at the age of 82 |

Comments
Post a Comment