Monday, October 21, 2024
Monday, October 21, 2024
- Noah's paper work completed
- Walking with Noah on the back streets of Castries. Interesting
- Ran into man with two broken arms
- Ran into Harvey
Today was our get all the paperwork for Noah's mission completed day. First we started in Castries and had to get passport pictures. Then we had to go to the police department an apply for a document that says he has no criminal record. Once we got that done we had to travel up to Rodney Bay to the medical clinic to get a physical. They told us he probably wouldn't get in today. Tina pled with them that it needed to be done today, so they scheduled him for 1:30. Turns out that Noah knew one of the people that worked there and she got him right in. They told us to go to this place down the road to get a chest xray that he also needed. They told us that we had to go back to Castries to a different place. Helens something clinic. So after the physical we had to hurry back down to Castries as the clinic closed at 3:00pm. We got down there and I was parked in the street in front of the clinic and a lot of traffic was trying to get around me, so I decided to move and drove around the block. As I was driving, this guy came up and pounded on my window and asked if I remember him from Vieux Fort. I didn't, but he said pull over I need you to come bless my mother, she is sick. Well I didn't feel good about that at all. I could see a mugging in my future. I told him that I needed to go get my wife as she was waiting for me at the clinic. He didn't want me to go and kept telling me to stop and come bless his mother. I told him I would come back once I got my wife and drove off. He finally gave up following me. I made another loop around the block and he was gone. So I kept my word and came back as I told him I would, but he wasn't there. I didn't look to hard to find him.
Noah took us through some back streets today and we ran into Rouchell's mother down town. She was visiting her sister I think. We also ran into a bunch of beggars asking us for money. Noah kept them at bay. They really pray on the white people. They assume they have plenty of money. They get real upset with me when I don't give them any or just a small amount. One guy kept following us down the street and finally Noah told him he would buy him something to eat, but wouldn't give him any money. Then the guy complained about the shop he went into so we went into the next one and bought him some bread.
On this same excursion guess who we ran into. My buddy from rodney bay who supposedly had two broken arms. I didn't have anything to give him this time and he cursed us and told the people we were talking to to stay way from us because we were evil. The person we were talking to was Rouchell's mom and she is always very kind to us. Anyway he went away mad. Still had the two cast on his arms and wearing long sleeves. I suspect that the cast can come off when he is at home. So I went from being a great guy and his best friend and he wanted to kiss my feet to being an evil evil person. You can fall from grace fast.
I ran into Harvey, the one that kept coming to the church asking me for money. He look pretty good and was dressed well. He said he would see me at church this week. I said, I hope so.
Comments
Post a Comment