Monday, October 7, 2024

Monday, October 7, 2024


I was going to take a full P-day off today, but I had to much to do. We did do a little road exploring, but mostly did branch work. 

I balanced the church checkbook and tried to get everything caught up. It is an annoying job.

That took until about noon. We then went up to Kimberly Santo's to help her get logged in to Family Search to see if we could find a name for Kimberly to take to the temple. We didn't, because her mother just went earlier this year and did all the names she knew of. Anyway they were going to work on it more and see if they could find something. 

We left there and went to Sister Feria Joseph's home to get here logged into her account and add some names. On the way to her house we tried to take a new road and got lost. We were in some pretty sketchy areas, but we found our way out. We got into a horrendous rain storm on the way. There was water running everywhere. 

When we got to Sister Feria's home it was still raining pretty hard so we went exploring on some new roads that we haven't been on. We got into some more sketchy areas. As we were going on this one road it gets really steep and there was a car on the side of the road that looked broke down. They flagged us over and ask if I would pull them up the hill. I told them I would try. Tina was freaking out and didn't want me to stop. They were a bit of a rough looking crew and Rouchell told us yesterday when we took her home from the church to not pick up or stop for anyone and they might rob you or pull a gun or knife and take your vehicle. Anyway they looked like they need help so I stopped with Tina yelling at me to keep going. I ended up pulling them up the steep hill and when we got to a flat part he honked for me to stop. I stopped and it turned out that he had this old beat up 3 cylinder car that didn't have enough power to make the hill. Once he got past the steep part he was fine. I figure when we help someone it is good PR for us. As long as we don't get robbed, shot or stabbed...

Cargo ship brining in goods to be sold. This is the harbor in Castries. The little red arrow in the upper left hand corner is the location of our church building. It is on the north side of the building the arrow is pointing at.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025