Saturday, October 12, 2024

Saturday, October 12, 2024

  • Rosa Paul comes home from mission
  • Sister Angie McCaunley is very sick took her to the Polyclinic
  • BYU is 6-0 in American football

I just found out that Sister Rosa Paul has come home from her mission. It happened very fast. President Burnham spoke with me about it at the zone conference. I didn't know when it was going to happen, but he messaged me this morning and told me that she was home. She has been transferred to the Barbados Bridgetown mission and she will be a service missionary from home. 

We stopped by to see her this afternoon. She looks good and was very upbeat. She said that she started having chest pain and bad headaches. The did many test on her but could not find out what was causing the problem. They thought maybe it was stress or heat related. We visited and met her parents. They are very nice and treated us kindly. Her mom makes local juices and she had a grapefruit juice that we had never tasted so we bought one from her. It was a little different that grapefruit juice that I am used to, but it was good.

While we were visiting with Sister Rosa, Sister Angie called and said she needed to go to the doctor because she was very sick. We had talked about it yesterday and she didn't think she needed to go. I told her it would be better to go on a weekday because everything is closed on weekends after 12 noon. She told me the polyclinic is open until midnight on weekends. I didn't think so, but I said we would come and get her and go see. She was right, it was open. We took her in and we waited in the car for about 4 hours. 

Luckily BYU was playing Arizona in American football so we listened to that and it took about 4 hours. I started at 4pm when we picked her up and ended around 7:30, just before Sister Angie got done. I guess she has pneumonia and was very dehydrated.  They put an IV in her to get fluids into her body and gave her a prescription to help clear it up. She is very down and sick. It was to late  to get the prescription so we took her home and will pick it up tomorrow. 

Noah called tonight before bed time to read the Book of Mormon. I think he is getting better in his reading.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025