Saturday, October 19, 2024
Saturday, October 19, 2024
- Watching a late night BYU football game. A classic
- Went to the beach
- Officer John
- Transfers tonight
- Sister Whisenant
Well I have to tell you this day was a write-off for the most part.
I stayed up until 2:00am this morning watching the BYU vs. Oklahoma State in football. It didn't start until 10:30pm last night. I really wasn't sure that I would watch the entire game, but it was a pretty good game and I could actually watch it. BYU ended up winning the game in dramatic fashion. They were up 14-7, then down 21-14, then up 28-21, tied 28-28 and then up 31-28 and with 1 minute 13 seconds left they were down 35-31. It didn't look good. It really didn't look good when when they were looking at a 4th down and 7 yards to go. BYU has been terrible at converting long yards needed for first down. It looked like the game was over. Well they converted and on the next play their quarterback made a 28 yard run. They were in field goal range, but they needed a touchdown. Anyway they scored a touchdown on a long pass and the receiver had to run through 3 tacklers to score. There was now only 10 seconds left. BYU won 38-35.
So as I said I got to bed after 2am. So as you might guess I had a few naps during the day. Finally in the afternoon we went to the beach to snorkel, but the beach we went to was not very clear so we just swam.
We did get to see the sun set. It was ok. We ran into a man and he said his name is Officer John. He works for the police department in security. He was telling us where we can go and where we should not go. As we were talking, it was starting to get dark and he really warned us to not be at beaches after dark especially this one because people could come and rob you and then run into the trees and get away. He said it is very dangerous after dark. We thanked him for the information. He was very kind to us.
This evening the missionaries came over because we were finding out transfers. Turns out that only 1 missionary is being transferred, Elder Madsen. We didn't think there were be to many changes because we are having a problem with work permits. We are working on getting it straightened out. Elder Nehemia is coming back to replace Elder Madsen. Elder Madsen is going to St Vincent.
It is Sister Whisenant's birthday tomorrow. So the elders made a birthday cake and Sister Reis (Hayes) also made a birthday cake. We provided the ice cream and we had a little birthday party.
![]() |
| Watching the sun go down. |

Comments
Post a Comment