Sunday, October 13, 2024

Sunday, October 13, 2024


  • Fast Sunday
  • Meeting with Ashton Daniels
  • Picking up temple people
  • Called Natalie

Today was fast Sunday because last week was general conference. There was hardly anyone there, We did have 5 off to the temple and their children did not come to church so that was about the 10 we were missing. Anyway we thought there were not be that many to bear testimonies, but as it turned out a lot of people got up and bore testimonies and they were all good. So many got up during the meeting that we went over time.

During Sunday school I met with Ashton Daniels. I wanted to meet with him and review his finances. After we went over everything he didn't seem to understand it. I tried to explain it to him, but I still don't think he understood. It was kind of frustrating. I tried to get him to understand that he needs to write down every penny that he gets and every penny that he spends so we can figure out how to get ahead of his bills.

We did have a good discussion about building a closer relationship with Jesus Christ and the importance of being a spiritual leader in his home. I thought that discussion went pretty well, but then he wanted to bring Crystal in and I wasn't prepared to speak with her and we didn't have time to really talk because the bus was waiting. So things kind of fell apart. They had to go and we really didn't get to finish a conversation about things.

The 5 people who went to the temple got back this afternoon. They were supposed to be home at 3:30, but it was 5pm by they time they finally got here and got through customs. We got home around 6. I totally forgot that I was supposed to have a phone meeting with Sister Celina and Yohan at 5pm. I didn't remember that we were going to have a meeting until almost 8pm. oops.

Tina called Natalie and visited. We visited with the kids, well two, Eli and MaKenzie about what they are doing. The others are getting older and don't really want to talk to two old grandparents any more. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025