Sunday, October 20, 2024
Sunday, October 20, 2024
- First Baby Blessing
Today was an interesting day. We did a baby blessing for the granddaughter of Caren Kennedy. The baby is older, about 8 months I think they said. I knew this would be a problem because the baby would be old enough to be scared with some big strangers standing around her. I ask the father, Caren's son who is a member, but inactive who's name is Daniel to bring the baby up and hold her on his lap and maybe she would be calmer. Well she did cry but it wasn't so bad that we couldn't give her the blessing. Here name was Ariel Daniela Kennedy. I don't think Daniel and the mother of the baby are married, but they all came and supported the cause. There was a godfather, godmother, the other grandparents and I think some friends. It helped our Sacrament meeting attendance that is for sure. It turned out nice and they took lots of pictures with our pictures of Christ throughout the building in the back ground. Little Ariel was cuter than a bug's ear.
We also had 8 or 10 visitors to the meeting.
We also set apart Sister Rosa Paul as a sunday school teacher for Gospel Doctrine. She taught today and I heard she did a really good job.
I missed having President De'Beauville sitting by my side.
Comments
Post a Comment