Sunday, October 27, 2024
Sunday, October 27, 2024
Today was Creole Day on St Lucia. It is a festive day and people wear clothes that are either plaid or brightly colored. It is held on the last Sunday of the month of October. It seems to be more of a ladies thing as the men pretty much wore what they normally wear, other than there were ties that were given to some by some of the ladies of the branch.
![]() |
| The missionary elders and myself wearing our creole ties |
| The sister in the branch in their bright clothing. |
Sister Kimberly Santos and Sister Merlika Papius spoke today on their experience at the temple. They bore powerful testimonies of their experience at the temple and encouraged everyone to work to going to the temple. Elder Ashton one of the new missionaries out also spoke and told of his experience of getting ready and going on a mission and the roll of the Book of Mormon in our lives. He gave some statistics of how reading the Book of Mormon in just 4 days changed behaviors in peoples lives.
We have planned a youth activity for next Saturday. So far it is loosely planned, but hopefully it will come together. I am hoping the young women will take some of the lead on it.
Harvey showed up at the church building today after our meetings were pretty much over. He wanted some money for food, I told him I would get him a meal. He looked healthy enough. He said he would call me. He may have but borrowed someone's phone, because when I called back it wasn't Harvey and he didn't have any information about him. I had a nice meal to take to him.
My counselor Yohan told me today that his wife is pregnant and she lost her job and he is only working a couple of days a week. He is not making enough money and he just borrowed money to buy a washing machine. Anyway he needs to figure out what he is going to do. I know he will want the church to help him.
We had a meeting with President Burnham and the area authority that is in the mission. His name is Elder Stanfill. He is coming to our island tomorrow.

Comments
Post a Comment