Sunday, October 6, 2024
Sunday, October 6, 2024
- General Conference
- Potluck
- Dublin Ireland gets a temple
Today was a relax day. We just had general conference at 12 noon and 4pm with a potluck in between. I got up and while it was a little cool went outside to enjoy a nice quiet morning. Usually I am running and stressed about church. But today there was nothing to worry about.
It was a nice morning and I just sat out there and read my scriptures and enjoyed the beauty and peace of the morning.
It seems like I say it about every conference, but this one was really nice. It was just nice to relax.
Our potluck was over the top. We had tons of food and a pretty good turnout. Even with the turnout we had ton's of food left over. Everybody was taking home an armload of leftovers to have for another meal. We even sent a bunch up to Cornerstone which is sort of a homeless center. One of our members lives there. Her name is Donna Israel. She took a bunch of food to share with others that live there.
President Nelson gave a powerful closing talk. He announced 17 new temples to be built and one will be in Dublin Ireland. I couldn't believe that. The church was so small back when I was there and here we are 40+ years later and they will be getting their own temple. I'm blown away.
| This was our entire branch in Tralee Ireland in January 1977. We were missing Johnny Grant. Three of the people we not members. Two joined after they turned 18. And now they are getting a temple |
![]() |
| A peaceful Sunday morning before General Conference starts |

Comments
Post a Comment