Sunday, September 29, 2024
Sunday, September 29, 2024
- Lesson on Tithing
Today was a 5th Sunday so we have a special sunday school class. I decided to teach it and it was on Tithing.
Before I get to that I want to say a little about our sacrament meeting. It was very nice. Angie McCaunley spoke first on joy. She has had a pretty rough life, her husband was killed in a car wreck. He was racing someone and I guess he lost control. Interestingly enough she has a picture of him in all the gore of the wreck. That is a little different. She did just go through the temple a while back and was sealed to him and their son Amari.
We then had a lady who doesn't come to church to much because she said she has bad knees, Sharon Alleyne. Anyway the theme was kind of geared toward children because she said she loved little children. So my assignment to her was to talk on being humble and teachable like little children. Well she had her talk written and and then she felt she should speak on child abuse. This made me a little nervous as that topic could go anywhere. Her talk was good and she did tie it into becoming like a little child at the end. She was quite blunt on child abuse. I think it turned out good.
Sister Martha was our final speaker and she spoke on the primary organization. She also did a good job. She was a little out of time because Sister Sharon spoke for quite some time.
We did have a rest hymn from the primary. They didn't actually sing by them selves, but led the congregation on the song "I'm trying to be like Jesus" It turned out really good.
Anyway back to sunday school. As I said I talked about the blessings of paying an honest tithing. I was pretty blunt about it so I hope there was no doubt about what tithing is and the blessings that come from paying it. We watched a video of the creation of the earth and universe and we talked about how our Father in Heaven does not need our money, but wants to open the windows of heaven and give us blessings more than we can receive. Unfortunately many of the people that I wanted to hear the message were either not at church or in another class.
Well see if it helped with anyone, because almost everyone in the branch does not pay tithing.
Comments
Post a Comment