Thursday, October 3, 2024

Thursday, October 3, 2024

  • The trip to the Bank
  • Visit with John Felix and his wife Mary
  • Crystal and her toothache

This morning Tina tried to get everything finished for the temple trip next week. I think we almost have everything worked out.

We went down town today to get money for the trip. We went to the Republic Bank. I stood in line close to an hour before I got to a teller. After getting to teller it took probably another 45 minutes to get things worked out. When we finally thought we were going to get the money the teller came back and told us that they couldn't give me the money because our account requires two signatures, which it does. It is a church account. So after all that I needed to get another signature or I could write them a check. 

This was pretty discouraging, but we decided we would head over to Yohan's to get a second signature. Then I realized that he had signed a check for me. So we decided that I could use a check and write it to the bank and they could cash it from our account. We went back in the bank and the line was long again, and I was at the back of it. As it worked out the girl that helped us before saw me and told me to come to the front of the line. That was good for me, but I could tell the other people were not to happy about it. In fact one man came up to the teller and wanted to know why I was at the front of the line. She explained why, and even though he wasn't to happy about it he went and got back in line. 

We got the money and then we went and visited John Felix. Brother Felix is one of the farthest members out that we have. He is in his 80's and hasn't been to church since we came here. He said he was going to surprise us one of these days and come to church. While were were there we met his wife Mary. She has never came out in the previous times we have been there. But she did today and was very friendly. She even turned on the AC so we weren't to hot. And then she brought us all out some cider with ice to drink. It was very kind of her. 

We left there and tried to find the location of another member, but could not so we came home. We hadn't ate since breakfast and it was 4 pm, we were hungry. 

I got a message from Crystal that she has had a bad toothache and wanted us to bring her some painkillers. She is pregnant and I am not going to get her painkillers. Anyway I called Ashton and asked him if he had any money to buy something for her pain. She said she went to the dentist to get it fixed, but because she was pregnant he would not work on her. I called Lambert to see if he could get with President De Bouville and they could go give her a blessing. Lambert said he would work on it. I feel bad for her, she want's out of the situation she is in and she has this bad toothache. We are praying for her. She tells us that she wants to be baptized. I know for sure she is not keeping one commandment living with Ashton and I think others, by reports from people that have seen her out. 

Anyway, "As the World Turns"

Overlook Marigot Bay (I need a new camera)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025