Thursday, October 31, 2024
Thursday, October 31, 2024
- Trip to the store in rush hour traffic
- Dodgers beat the Yankees in 5 games to win World Series
- Shopping with Noah
- Heavy rains
- Bumped a truck in a construction zone
This was a bit of a messed up day. I have to confess that I stayed up a little late watching the last game of the Baseball World Series last night so I was a little lazy getting up this morning. I was up by 6am so I wasn't to lazy, but I usually read my scriptures in between 5 and 6. So I was just late starting. I realized that we didn't have any milk so I decided to go to the store and buy some. Unfortunately I did it during rush hour. I did take the back road to the store that sells the milk up by Rodney Bay so it was a little faster (I think). Anyway, when I got there I realized that I had left my wallet home. Fortunately, I had paid for a taxi for Jane Nurse last night for $60 EC out of my own pocket so I went to the ATM and withdrew $60 plus $200 for the memorial service the branch is holding tomorrow night.
I went to the store and bought the milk and some cold cereal that I am also out of and headed home. Usually going home is much faster, but not today. When all the parents are getting their children to school the roads are all backed up. It actually took me longer to get back home than it did coming, which is usually not the case.
We went downtown and met Noah to take him shopping for food. He is out and has no job. I got a letter today from the church indicating that his mission plans have been changed because he has no visa yet. He will be going to Brazil MTC for about 3 weeks. He leave on November 11. He will then be sent to the Barbados Bridgetown Mission until his visa comes through.
After we left Noah we went to visit Sister De'Beauville, but it was raining so hard we could not get out of the car. We waited for about 45 minutes and then decided to come back when the weather was better.
On the way home we got caught in a construction zone and a big dump truck was trying to get by me. I was worried that he didn't have enough room so I was slowly going forward. I was watching him in my rearview mirror to make sure he could fit. I didn't realize the person in front of me stopped. Tina yelled to stop and I did, but barely bumped his back bumper. When we got to a point we could stop and get out to see if there was any damage we looked things over and both vehicles looked fine. The person I hit was good about it and got back in his truck and left. When I got home I inspected the front of our car with a fine tooth comb for damage and there was none. As I said I was hardly moving when I bumped him. There is so much to watch when your are driving here it is not funny. People, the ditches, big potholes, did I say people, and cars along side the road, which are actually in the road and of course oncoming traffic.
Comments
Post a Comment