Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Tuesday, October 22, 2024

  • Moving a glass case for Tasha and Linke
  • Working on callings
  • Denzel De'Beauville coming home from mission for funeral

This morning I went down to Castries to help Linke get a glass case from a shop down behind the market. Luckily the elders showed up because it was heavy. When I got down there I had to find a place to park that was in front of the building where we were getting the glass case. I ended up parking halfway on the sidewalk and the road as it is very congested and a lot of buses (vans) come through that area. We were trying to get the case out the front door, but the opening was about 3/8s to narrow. There was no way we were going to get it through there, we tried every angle. Finally we realized there was a back door and it wasn't as easy to get it back there, but it was our best option. I now had to get my truck around back, which was also not that easy, but I finally got it back there. The missionaries got it out the back door and I was able to back the truck up to where they were and we got it loaded. After loading it we took it to Linke's home which is next to our place and put it on his porch. 

A little later in the afternoon we went back down town to pick up the police report for Noah's missions stuff. I ran into Harvey again. He told me yesterday that he had a place to live and had a job. So maybe things have worked out for him. 

The rest of the day, which included a nap, and working on a list of callings and people to fill them. We have a bunch of open callings and a bunch of people that don't have callings and need to fix that. 

I just got notification that Denzel, President and Sister D's son who is on a mission is getting released and coming home. He has been out about a year. He is coming home for the funeral. They gave him two options. They would allow him to come home for 5 days, 2 traveling, 1 day home and 2 days traveling back. Sister D didn't like that so he took the second option which is to come home and he will be released from his mission and then if he wants to reapply for a mission he can. I don't know him well enough to know if he will reapply or just stay home. We'll see. He is being released tomorrow. He is in Africa on his mission.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025