Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Tuesday, October 8, 2024

  • Tina and I looking steadfastly
  • Zone Conference
  • Noah's birthday today (25)

This morning we Tina and I were doing our companion study and we were discussion when Jesus appeared to the Nephites and Jesus Christ had just finished teaching them and then he said he had to go because he had other commandments to fulfill from the Father. But as the scriptures say they look steadfastly upon him as if they would ask him to tarry a little longer with them (3 Nephi 17:5). I asked Tina to show me her look that would show her steadfastly look that she wanted the Savior to stay longer. So it started out as a spiritual question. She did this kind of bug eyed look and I said that is not a steadfastly look and she said it was to. She then ask me to show my look and I did my best impression of what it would look like. She busted out laughing. Before long we were both laughing hard. I guess it is good that we weren't there, that would have been embarrassing to have that recorded in the scriptures.

Anyway, we finished up and got everything loaded in the truck to take to Zone Conference. We had to stop and buy a few things at the store. We picked up some ice cream and some parmesan cheese for a salad that we were going to have at the zone conference.

We had a long conference today and didn't get home until about 7pm. 

We did have a plank competition and I tied for the longest to hold the plank position.

Noah came to zone conference today. It was good to have him there and listen to what they are being taught. He needs this type of training. We gave him a lot of attention because it is his birthday. We sang Happy birthday in English, French and Tongon and maybe Samoan. 

We are still reading the Book of Mormon every night with Noah. He called about 9 and we read 1 Nephi chapter 11. His reading is really improving. He seems to enjoy calling us every night and talking. I think he is a lonely person. He has like 36 more days until his mission. Noah also had a birthday today. He turned 25. He is going to be a little older missionary.

Looking down on the bay in Castries. Cargo ship being unloaded. Probably food for the stores. We hope.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025