Wednesday, October 16, 2024
Wednesday, October 16, 2024
- Picked up Ange
- Tina in another fender bender 2 in 2 days
Well we have started driving the new car instead of the truck since we were told that is what we should do.
We did get out a little today. I went to the doctor to see if I could get some medication for my sickness. It was the same doctor I went to when I was so sick when I first got here and he gave me the same prescriptions.
While we were out Angie McCaunley called and said she was still sick and was at the Polyclinic. I told her to let me know when she was done and if we were around I could come and pick her up and take her home. We knew she would be there a long time as were were there about 4 hours on Saturday. She finally called. We had to pick up some prescriptions and then took her home. They think she may have a virus of some sort.
Tina was driving and on the way back to our place she was going around some cars on the side of the road, and of course on part of the road. As she was passing a car was coming the other way, which is find, usually if it is tight they way until you go by then they go. Well I guess this guy thought he could make it but when we passed I could see that he was not over far enough and we hit mirrors. It didn't do anything to our car "luckily", but it broke his mirror and the glass cut up his hand. Well we didn't know that we figured that it just knocked his mirror in like ours. We just kept driving and pretty quickly we hear a car honking at us. It was the same guy. He was pretty upset and said it was our fault. Maybe technically it was, because we had to move over to go around the cars, but how they drive here, he was in the wrong, because we were passing around the cars first and he should have waited. That is how they do it. But we had both left the scene of where it happened so we couldn't prove anything. We just didn't want to deal with it so she paid him about $200 US dollars which would be about $500 EC and we called it good. I think that is more than enough. He was just trying to get what he could and I will be surprised if he fixes it. It annoyed me a little after we left. We are the outsiders here and so we were just trying to avoid any negative problems. Anyway, and luckily there was no damage to our car. That would have been two accidents in two days for Tina. The one thing I do regret is that I didn't take any pictures.
![]() |
| Dinner with Yohan and Sharlyne Pierre |

Comments
Post a Comment