Wednesday, October 2, 2024
Wednesday, October 2, 2024
- Visit Geneva Williams
- Visit Darren Barbe (his vision of a temple)
- Visit Rouchell
- Visit Aaron Holder - granddaughter getting baptized
Today I had an interesting experience that I don't know what to make of it. I have mentioned Darren Barbe many times. Well I haven't seen him for a few weeks so I decided to stop by and check on him. We had a nice visit and we talked about many things. He is still bed riden and is not supposed to walk on his leg. I don't know if it is going to heal or not. It has been quite a while since his surgery and from our last visit about a month ago they told him it was not healing. Anyway he also told me about a guy and this girl and somehow they got into a fight and the guy ended up stabbed and is in critical condition. I guess the girl was chopped up (this is according to Rouchell) and she was killed. Anyway the boy was a twin and according to Darren he was trying to become a pastor.
At the end of our visit we had a little study session from the Book of Mormon 3 Nephi chapter 14. We had a discussion about prayer, and other things that were taught in that chapter. I felt like it was a good discussion.
Anyway sometime before or after that little discussion we were talking and Darren said he was sitting on the end of his bed and the sun was in his eyes so he slid over a bit so the door of his container blocked it. He then said (and I might have to get him to tell me it again) that he was on an ocean beach and it was very peaceful. He looked around and he said he saw this temple with spires and it was white. Whiter than anything he had ever seen before. He said across the street there was a church and it wasn't as white. Then he said he saw houses and then people, but the people were out of focus so he couldn't tell who they were. He kept going back to how white the temple was and he thought he was in paradise. He said the vision went on for maybe an hour. I am not sure what to think about it. I get reports that Darren is not doing that good as far as keeping the commandments, but he sure seems to be sincere when I visit him. I am pretty sure he has some Word of Wisdom issues, but I don't know for sure. I have to wonder if there is something to the story he told me and what it might be.
Anyway I went and visited Rouchell after Darren and she is doing good. She is a funny person to talk to, but I would not want to get on her wrong side, she holds a grudge. I get along with her really well. She was making potato wedges at her house when I got there. Actually her mother was out buying fish from some guys in a truck that had stopped by her shop. I went over and visited with her and the guys selling the fish. They were weighting out how ever many pounds she wanted. Being a Darren's it was hot so I bought a bottle of water from her as I had got pretty thirsty.
After leaving Rouchell's I stopped by to see how Aaron was doing. He is doing good, but I don't think we will ever see him at church again, baring a miracle. I think he is getting to week in the legs. His granddaughter Sadie is getting baptized this Saturday. I have some concerns about that. I am not sure she has a full understanding about things. But Sister Burnham went and visited with her and challenged her to come to church for 5 weeks before being baptized and she has. Before it was hit and miss. Anyway her baptism is set for this Saturday.
I also stopped and visited Sister Geneva Williams. She is having trouble paying her rent and needs some help. I have been working with no luck to help her get self reliant. I have asked her to come up with a plan to be self reliant. She hasn't yet.
Unfortunately, she is not the only one that hasn't come up with a plan. Almost everyone, in fact everyone who is receiving assistance has not come up with a plan.
![]() |
| A lot of people who have lost 1 or two legs |

Comments
Post a Comment