Wednesday, October 30, 2024

Wednesday, October 30, 2024

  • Sharing the gospel (sort of)
  • Balance the checkbook from the temple trip. Its a mess.
  • Getting Jane Nurse to the church
  • Missionary correlation meeting with Matthew
  • Teaching Collin and his girlfriend

This morning we had to take the new car to the shop and get it serviced. Along the way there was a wreck, but luckily I got through it before it was to backed up. 

I took the car to beachcombers where we bought it. After getting it checked in I was waiting for Tina to come pick me up and I got talking to a man who was also waiting for a ride. He was older, maybe my age. We got talking about the state of the world. We talked about Jesus Christ and the two first and great commandments. He was a religious man as most of the older people here are. We even talked about the Book of Mormon and how it is a second witness of Jesus Christ. We also talked about how the young people are turning away from Christ and don't go to church much any more. Anyway we had a nice visit. Tina finally got there in the truck that we are supposed to be selling. The one mistake I made was not giving this gentleman a Book of Mormon. I don't know why I didn't, I had one with me. I guess in reality I cowarded out. There is no reason that I should have not given him one. I even prayed this morning that I would find someone to share the gospel with. No wonder the Lord lets me struggle along. When you ask for something and he gives it to you and you don't do as much as you can on my part why would he keep helping me? I will try to do better if the opportunity arises again.

We spend most of the day today trying to balance the church checkbook. I received a note from them saying I had a few discrepancies. I resolved two, but the third which is a check that I made to Republic Bank for cash to send with the members going to the temple has turned into a mess. The members were supposed to get receipts for everything they spent money on and they didn't. I am not sure what to do to record all of the missing receipts.

This afternoon we went and got the car and then I had to make arrangements for a taxi to pick up Jane Nurse since she was the only member coming to the church for Gospel Literacy from the South side and a bus would have been $200. It still cost $60 to get her there. Normally I would have brought her myself, but the mission president has changed the rule and we are not allowed to haul members in our car again. I say again because it goes back and forth depending on the missionary. So we are trying to be obedient. 

I was trying to get ahold of Jane, but she does no have a phone anymore as hers is massed up. I tried to call Crystal, but she didn't answer and I called Ashton and he didn't either. So I drove over to tell her that a taxi would be there shortly to pick her up. The taxi showed up while I was there. Then going back to the church it was a mess trying to get through Castries. Took about 45 minutes. Normally if I could drive straight through it would be about 5 minutes.

At the church the missionaries were teaching Collin and his girlfriend. The girlfriend did not really want to be taught but was there for a Portuguese language class. Well she got to sit in on the missionaries teaching a lesson class. Hopefully she will have a desire to be part of it going forward.

We held a missionary correlation meeting with Matthew and the missionaries. It was a pretty good meeting. Matthew knows a lot of people. 

Sister Tasha made some chocolate thing for seminary tonight and it was really good. 

Snail crossing the sidewalk


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025