Wednesday, October 9, 2024
Wednesday, October 9, 2024
- Temple trip people meeting at airport
- Caught by a begger
- Mission Devotional
- Jane Nurse to the eye doctor
The day finally arrived that the group going to the temple has come. Feria Joseph, Verona Celise, Kimberly Santos, Merlika Papius and Shomario Jn Paul. We met at the airport and made sure everyone had their stuff and got their tickets. They seemed to be pretty excited. We waited there until they had all gone through the door to the boarding area.
Funny thing, there was a guy and I have probably told about him sometime before who tried to beg money off me. After I dropped Sister Verona and Tina off at the airport terminal I went across the road and parked the truck on the beach. When I got out I seen the man walking toward me and he of course remembered me and reminded me that I would have money for him this time. Well I didn't have my wallet and so I told him I didn't have any money. He acted very disappointed. I told him I would be over at the airport and I would check to see if Tina had any. When I got to the terminal I realized that I had forgot my phone and had to go back and get it so we could take a picture. He was by my truck waiting for me. He wanted to make sure he didn't miss me. Anyway there was a $1.25 in the cup holder. I got that out and when we came back after seeing everyone off he was there still. I gave him the money and he was very disappointed. I'm sure he was thinking that this rich, which I am not, American is ripping him off. Well he left very unhappy.
We went to the church after for the mission devotional that started at 9am. Turns out all the missionaries were also coming there along with President Burnham and his wife. President Burnham was stuck in traffic and were late, so they started at 9:30.
After the devotional we had to run back home because we forgot some things that we needed to take to Castries for the missionaries work permits. The government is shutting us off because we show to many missionaries in the country. It turns out that we really don't have that many, but we didn't know we were supposed to let them know when they go home or transfer to another island. Anyway we took the list of missionaries that have left into their office for them to remove.
We had to go to the passport office to drop of some passports of the newest missionaries.
After we did that we went to Sister Jane Nurses' home to get her to take her to the eye doctor. That was an expensive trip. $325 for the office visit and another $1015.00 for new glasses. It is Jane's birthday tomorrow so we bought her some pig tails to make some soup with. Hopefully she will not invite us over to help eat them.
I am trying to get a hold of Ashton to help him with his finances. He is in debt because of poor money management problems and loans that he is trying to pay off. Anyway, I'm trying to help him out, but I'm finding that they don't want help, they just want the money.
We came home and it was late and we hadn't ate all day. So we had dinner. They had a district leaders meeting tonight, but we didn't go.
![]() |
| The first time temple goers. L-R me, Verone Celise, Merlika Papius, Feria Joseph, Shomario Jn Paul and Kimberly Santos |

Comments
Post a Comment