Monday, November 24, 2024
Monday, November 24, 2024
- The missionaries were robbed today
This morning I woke up with a upset stomach. I'm trying to think what I ate this time. We went out to dinner on Saturday with Elder Gamiette and President Stewart and I am guessing that is where it came from. Seems like about every 2 or 3 weeks I get something and it last for a week or so. It sure makes feeling good feel good.
The lime green spare tire is on the car that we loaned to the two brothers above and they told me they had a flat tire yesterday morning and had to change it. That is the second flat tire in about two weeks.
Today turned out to be a very interesting day.
I started out to take the car to the tire shop and get the flat tire fixed. On the way. I decided to go to the church first to look for a receipt book that I needed. When I got to the church I found it and checked the batch status in the Attic. There were none there right now. But bat dropping areeverywhere so I know they are still there. I need to take a day and go down again and clean up. All the mess in the Attic has it falls down through the ceiling into the chapel.
Anyway on my way home I got a call from Tina and she said the missionaries were playing volleyball on the beach next to mega J and they were robbed. She wanted to know if I could go help them out. I was almost to the pull out so it worked out perfect for me. When I got there and got the scoop on everything, the missionaries were a little excited. Not happy. Excited but being robbed excited.
I guess what happened was they were playing volleyball and they set their phones on a cement slab next to the volleyball nets. Elder Amato was over where they set all of their phones and a purse that belonged to Sister Whisenant. Three men came up and were talking to him for a while. Then he left and went to play volleyball which was a mistake. Of course. Two of the men grabbed all of the phones and the purse and ran off. The third man pulled a knife out and told them to stay where they were, which they did. Then he ran off.
Why I was there the detect ives came by and took names and notes about what happened and who we all were and what we lost. They said they would call me later that night but never did.
I had to run the sisters home to get their extra set of keys so they could take their car home. I also took them to beachcombers to see if they could deactivate the key that was stolen. They couldn't do it right then but said come in in the morning.
Word traveled fast as people were calling including Noah who is in Brazil to let me know that the missionaries are not to go on the beaches. He said he had told them many times that they shouldn't go to the beach because it isn't safe. Well maybe now they will listen to him.
After we got all of that settled down and everybody kind of went their ways Tina (mostly. Tina) and I spent the rest of the day getting ready our our Thanksgiving dinner tonight. We were going to do it on Thursday but we were told the missionaries cannot go out of their areas anymore only on their p Day. So we had a big Thanksgiving dinner tonight. We were going to get a turkey but for a small turkey it was 150 EC dollars, even in US Dollars that's pretty expensive. We were able to buy three plump chickens for 50ec dollars. We assigned the missionaries. Different things to bring also. So we had a very nice meal.
We have four very big Polynesian Elders who can really chunk the food away and they pretty much ate everything. We thought there would be some leftovers but there was not much.
It was a pretty fun night and I think they all enjoyed coming over.
This evening I got a phone number for somebody that had found some of the stolen stuff this morning along the beach. I called and it was a lady and her friend had been walking along the beach and found stuff scattered all over. I told her I would stop by in the morning to check it all out.
| We went with chickens rather than turkey. It was to expensicve |
| All the crew for Thanksgiving Monday |
Comments
Post a Comment