Saturday, November 30, 2024

Saturday, November 30, 2024

  • Carrying block at Yohan's house

This morning after breakfast I told Yohan that I would come over and help him carry block from the bottom of his driveway up to his house. This is the same place we carried 30 100 lb bags of cement up the same place. It was a killer. 

Because the elders don't have phones. So the last I talked to Yohan was that we were going to meet at his house at 10:00 a.m. I headed that way and when I got to his house he was walking down the road with either his cousin or sister. I can't remember which and they were headed to castrie's. I asked him where he was going cuz I thought we were hauling block and he said the elders can't come till 1:00 p.m. So I loaded them in the car because I was going back through casteries. When we got to the main road there was his boss and a girl with him and they were headed to castrie's and Johan yell out the window to come get in. That wasn't really my plan but I was going that way so I took them all and drop them off in Castries and then went back home. I went back over at 1 p.m. and the elders had not showed up so Johan and I started hauling block. He was very hot today and it was a lot of work. The elders finally showed up and things went a lot faster. He had 500 block to haul up the steps and around his cousin's house and up some more steps to his house. I think we got more than half of it done but I'm not sure. 

I forgot to say that we dropped the truck off at the corner where we go to the church. It's on a really busy road and a good place for people to see it. I had three people call saying that they were very interested in it. 

I stopped at the church because the primary was having an activity day and Tina was helping. We had a little bit of cleaning left to do because of the primary party and they made a bit of a mess in the chapel. Donna Israel came and helped out. It was good to see her there. She is a real asset. 

After we came home and had dinner. It's found Sunday tomorrow so we started our fast. We are fasting for Noah and hoping that he will stay on his mission and have spiritual experiences that will keep him focused and have a desire to be there and teach the gospel. We talked to him the other day and I get the feeling he really wants to come home but we are not entertaining that conversation. 

St Lucia food storage, Yum Yum.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025