Sunday, November 17, 2024

Sunday, November 17, 2024

  • Donna Israel asking for a calling
  • 28 members and 28 visitors at church
  • No one showed up today
  • Everyone wants money

 This morning we got up and went to church. Donna Israel who is always there waiting for the church to open up was there. She is a very soft spoken but faithful. She was telling me she wants a calling. That is very unusual for these members to come and ask for a calling. She went in with the primary and really enjoyed it. Tasha who is the primary president said she was very helpful. So we will call her to something. 

When we started church there was hardly anyone there. We had 28 visitors today. That includes the missionaries. We also had 28 members. Many of the visitors were people investigating the church or come with their spouse. But we did have several members visiting from cruise ships or just vacationing. One of the people who were visiting were moving do Dublin Ireland. Made me jealous. They are excited to be going and said they feel like the spirit is taking them there. 

When we got there everyone was late so the sacrament wasn't prepared. So we got started late. I am working very hard to get started on time.

Elder Nehemia and Sister Rosa Paul spoke and gave excellent talks. I am having people speak on basic gospel principles. I also spoke as I didn't get a 3rd speaker. Actually I probably could have not spoken at all. We started late, but when I stood up it was 5 minutes to 12. 

They had a big birthday bash today for all the people who have birthdays this month or something. It turned out to be a bigger deal than I thought. It was like a light meal. When they have food the people come. 

During Sunday School Yohan and I did tithing. I deposited some money that I have been holding on to for Noah into his mission account. 

Yohan wants $5500 EC dollars to do work on his house, hopefully to finish it enough to live in it. I don't know if I should and he is disappointed that I am not giving him the money. Also, Lyris Davis came up to me and said that she needs a new refrigerator. She probably heard that Elder Hall had bought some for members in the branch. Then Angie came and said that she needs $300 EC to send her son to a soccer tournament. They just never quit asking. I am very discouraged and it is really ruining my mission. I hate to say I hate it but I do.

Tanner called tonight. Tina is thinking she needs a new phone, hers has wore out. The battery doesn't last very long any more. 

Three cruise ships in the harbor. That is a first.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025