Sunday, November 24, 2024

Sunday, November 24, 2024

  • Elder Claude Gamiette and President Cozy Stewart helping us get people set apart in callings.
  • Donna Israel called as a primary teacher. Kevin Charles a counter for sacrament meeting
  • Good talks today. The spirit was strong.
  • Tithing challenges
  • Missed all the setting aparts

This morning I didn't get going to early since we got home late (9:00pm) last night after having dinner with Elder Claude Gamiette and President Cozy Stewart. They came over to take care of some business down in Vieux Fort. I guess there is a little rift with President Nicolas and his elders quorum president and they have come over to get it cleared up. 

Anyway it was good timing because we needed two people called and they required district people to do the calling and set them apart. Denzel De'Beauville is called to be the clerk and Shomario Jn Paul was called to be the 2nd counselor in the branch presidency. 

At church we had three excellent talks. The first speaker was supposed to be Omari McCauley, but I guess he got up late and so his mom prepared a talk and spoke in his place. She gave a very good talk and I was wondering if she used AI to get the talk, it was very well put together and normally they don't speak with that polished of a talk. I'm not sure she knows how to use AI either. 

Sister Whisenant also spoke and I had asked her to speak on making your home a holy place, feeding off Elders Rasbands message when he was here last week. She gave an excellent talk.

Our final speaker was Denzel who reported on his mission to Africa. He had to learn French. He also gave a very good talk. In fact, I don't know if it was me, but if felt like a very spiritual meeting to me. I enjoyed it very much. 

We also called Donna Israel as a primary teacher today. I think she will be working in the nursery. 

Oh, I also ask Kevin Charles to do the counting for sacrament meeting attendance. And he did a very good job. He gave me the numbers as I ask. He even counted the children. 

After church Yohan and I did the tithing. We had a heck of a time getting it to balance. It was right on how we came out, but we had some US money which makes it a little tricky because we have to convert it to EC dollars. Anyway, we just had adding problems, but the numbers were correct. We took it to the bank and then took Yohan hoe. We haven't been hauling people to much, but occasionally we do. We were giving permission to haul someone when taking the tithing to the bank. After we got home we got a call from President Stewart and we were supposed to meet them at De'Beauville's to set apart Denzel. As we were driving up they were just finishing the blessing. We felt bad. So Elder Gamiette had to get to the ferry and was thinking he was late. We had to leave and hurry like heck to get to the ferry terminal. Turns out we had plenty of time as there were a bunch of people still in line. 

So we headed to the church to set apart Shomario, but President Stewart called and said that Elder Gamiette still had the key fob to the car so we had to turn around and find him and get it from him. We got the key fob, but by the time we got to the church President Stewart was late for his flight and had Shomario take him to the airport and he set him apart in the car. Then he ran for his flight. 

So Tina and I traveled all over the place to be at the setting aparts and missed them all. We did get everyone out on their tickets out of here though.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025