Tuesday, November 19, 2024

Tuesday, November 19, 2024

  • Preparing for meeting with Yohan and Sharlyne
  • Lyris Davis wants a new fridge
  • Went to immigration
  • Got my first haircut by a local barber
  • Met with Yohan and Sharlyne

I woke up early this morning and had fast offering distributions on my mind, which is what I have almost every morning. It is about all I think about. It is a heavy burden for me. Sometimes I don't think I can handle it anymore. This morning was particularly stressful because I was going to be meeting with Yohan and Sharlyne tonight. They want the church to give them a fairly large sum of money to be able to finish their house. I don't really feel right about it, as I have helped them before and didn't feel good about it then. As with so many members they rely heavily on the church for their support. I believe their faith is not being put to the test and there is no growth spiritually for them. I spent the morning praying and recording thoughts that I thought were appropriate for them.

Speaking of fast offerings, we went down town today and I was going to speak with Lyris Davis. She also would like some help and have the church buy her a new refrigerator because hers has quit working. She sells water in Castries between the two road going past the market. She was there while I was downtown and I went and spoke with her about it and said I would like to meet with her on Wednesday to discuss what we can do. I told her I wanted her to think about how much she could pay. I could tell by the look on her face that she was not really excited about that. She has never asked for assistance from the church, but I'm guessing that someone told her that the church would buy her a new refrigerator, because that is what Elder Hall did for several people. Anyway she agreed to come speak with me.

After we went down to the immigration office and got some passports that were ready to be picked up. 

We then walked up to where Noah's mom worked. I wanted to speak with her about Noah on his mission. I would like to see her help him out. Noah said she is not supportive at all and thinks he is out following a cult. Anyway I hope to get to speak with her sometime. She had already gone home, so we missed her.

As we were walking back to the care we walked past a barber shop and the guy was sitting outside. Tina said here is a barber and he can cut your hair. We decided to give it a show as my hair looks pretty pathetic. Well he tore into it. I guess it looks better, but it is very short, especially on one side. I guess I should take a picture of it. It is kind of a nice comb over. The barber's name was Sanchez and they call him Chez according to him.

We got home and had dinner and then went down to the church to meet with Yohan and Sharlyne. They were very quite as I layed out the plan to go forward without using church funds. I know it will work, but I could tell they were very skeptical and were very quiet for most of the time. I bore testimony that if they were faithful and kept the commandments that the Lord would bless them and maybe even faster than if the church gave them the money. I felt impressed to tell them that. They were still pretty quiet. I did ask them some questions and ask for their thoughts. Sharlyne spoke the most, but Yohan was still pretty quiet. We were talking about fasting and prayer and he was telling us that he and some guys got together one time and fasted for 5 days. Wow. that is a long time. It was kind of a religious event of some type. So Yohan has a religious person which probably led to his baptism. He is a good guy and works hard. We were there for a couple of hours and I'm not sure they were really excited about the outcome, but I felt the spirit was there and hopefully they felt it. I promised them they would be blessed for their obedience. 

After it was late so we took them home. We tried to brighten them up, but they seemed a little dejected. We promised them as the keep the commandments and work hard they will make it without the church help.

My first Lucian haircut. Other than I getting balder, Sanchez cut the left side very short. Tina said it looks good.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025