Monday, December 16, 2024
Monday, December 16, 2024
This morning we got up and needed to get a video made for the hurricane 15th Ward. We received an email from a sister in the ward that said they wanted a Christmas video from us that they could show at the board dinner. Anyway, we've been putting it off just because we didn't want to do it. But we finally decided we'd better get after it.
Actually we started last night. We went over to the Jn Paul's film their children and a friend to tell us things that they like about Christmas or is a Christmas tradition. We did a really good first shot of it but no one talked loud enough and we couldn't hear them on the speaker of my phone. So we shot it again and they all spoke louder and it turned out pretty well but not as good as the first one.
Anyway, we went down to our favorite Beach or snorkeling where we go through what we call the rabbit hole cuz it has been way overgrown and there's a little tunnel that you can drive through to get to the beach. Sometimes there's people there but most the time we are the only ones there when we go there. Anyway, that's where we went to shoot our video. We had to do four or five takes and finally we just did it and said it was good enough. We came home I I cut out parts and tied last night's video too. Today's video and doctoed it up a little bit so everything flowed through.
After finishing the video, Tina made a cake for Rouchell's birthday. She turned 40 today. We debated about getting her flowers but decided not to and just take her the cake. When we got there and gave it to her and told her we were going to give her flowers instead. She said that she wish we would have got the flowers since she has never got flowers for her birthday before. Maybe next year.
After visiting with Rouchell for a while we left and went over and visited with Darren. Somehow his phone got mashed up and no longer works. I told him I would take it to Digicel and see if they could fix it. I also gave him a big can of mosquito spray which he really appreciated. I put a Christmas ribbon and a Christmas ball on it so it looked like a present. I'm not sure he really noticed it because he didn't say too much about it. Someone gave him a solar light so now he has light at night so he can see in his container when it gets dark. I need to look for one that is a little nicer for him that maybe he could charge his phone with.
I also spoke with sister Santos about taking some dinners to some of our more needy members. I asked her to think about who we could go to. She got back with me and said if we take it to some they will gossip and then others will feel left out. I don't know about that but now I'm kind of stuck about what to do. I think there's a few at least that we could take the meals into. And it would be perfectly fine. I had Lambert make up a menu of a little Christmas meal. He come up with one that was about $100 or less. He said that they would appreciate.
Comments
Post a Comment