Saturday, December 14, 2024
Saturday, December 14, 2024
- Tried to go snorkeling this morning
- The boat with a scripture on it
- Let me talk to the people renting a house on the beach
- Went to the church to battle the bats
- The church hadn't been clean
- Missionary stopped by to bless the sister missionaries apartment.
Today we had a bunch of odd man things to get done.
Because we missed out on our snorkeling day yesterday. We got up early and went out this morning but the water was very choppy and it's not too much fun. When the water's so rough. We went and tried another Beach and it was the same.
One thing we did accomplish was that we were looking at a house that looked like a rental right on the beach. We ran into the guy that owns it and asked him about it. He said he would get in touch with us. We were thinking about it for when Bevin and Dale come.
So we went home and did some scripture study. Oh I was going to talk about our experience at the second Beach. I'll put a picture of the boat that's there which started me on a little scripture chase.
Here is the boat. It says on the side "our daily bread". It got me doing some research on where that came from. It is in the Lord's prayer in the New testament. Anyway on my searching I came across I article by D. Todd Christopherson. He talked about how when the Israelites were wandering in the wilderness for 40 years that the Lord blessed them with manna everyday. But it did not last for more than a day. Elder Christopherson said that having to get mana everyday kept their focus on Jesus Christ everyday. I got thinking about that and how that everyday we need to pray and read our scriptures. You can't read your scriptures or pray once a week and have it carry through for the entire week. You need to pray and read everyday just as the Israelites had to go pick up manna everyday. If we do that, it keep us focused on Jesus Christ.
| A boat that led to a scripture research |
After we came back from going to the beach which we ended up not swimming again, we went shopping for the week. After we got done with that and came home Tina stayed home and did a bunch of cooking. I went to the church to work on the bat situation again. It has been a difficult task as I can't get rid of them and they poop and pee everywhere and stink. I have tried everything today I went and got some cans of foam hand sprayed everywhere that I thought maybe they could get in. We'll see what happens tomorrow when I get to church.
Also, the young women were supposed to clean the church but it didn't look like it was done so I cleaned the chapel in the hallways in the entryway.
When I got home Tina had dinner ready. She had made Navajo tacos.
The missionary stopped over tonight to consecrate the sister's new apartment. I didn't even think about doing that.
Anyway, they come by and visited for a minute and we gave them our last three Book of Mormons.
I used do have about 40 here but the missionaries have gave them all away. I guess that's good because I wasn't giving away fast enough that's for sure.
Comments
Post a Comment