Saturday, December 7, 2024

Saturday, December 7, 2024

  • Day of service

Well today was our big day of service day here on St. Lucia. We set up two booths in Castries and gave away cookies, cake and a pass along card inviting people to our December 22nd sacrament meeting. Along with another card to do a good turn to somebody you know or a neighbor. 

We met early at the church and had a few finish up things from last night to do as we needed more cookies. Tina stayed up late last night. Cooking another hundred or so cookies. Anyway. We bagged them up and then went over to town. 

Unfortunately I had to meet a guy to look at the pickup that had committed to buying it. He wanted to drive it and take it to his garage and have it checked over. I think everything looked okay because he was interested but he was a little worried about the mileage. He said he drives a lot and it already has over 45,000 mi on it. I guess trucks here don't get as many miles as they do in the states. Over there that would not even be broke in. 

When I got done I went over and joined them at the places they had set up to hand out the gifts. They were almost done. I had a lady that I wanted to give one to. That was a security guard at the post office so I took it over there but she was off today and another guy was there that I didn't know. So I gave it to him and invited him to our church meeting on the 22nd. 

As usual he said he would maybe be there but there didn't sound like too much commitment. 

After that event we went home and I pretty much just kicked around watching college football championship games the rest of the day. Arizona state which beat BYU out of making it to the championship game played Iowa State for the Big 12 championship. Arizona State beat them pretty bad. It was like 45 to 19 or something like that. The first half was pretty close but three straight turnovers in the second half by Iowa State that Arizona state scored touchdowns on pretty much ended the game. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025