Sunday, December 1, 2024
Sunday, December 1, 2024
- Shomario Jn Paul conducts his first sacrament meeting
- Trying to get tithing straight to ok. A three-man effort today
- Called Cade and visited with him for a while
- A little about Noah and his mission had a special fast for him
Today was a pretty good day at church . Shomario Jn Paul conducted on his first week of being put into the branch presidency as second counselor. I think he's going to be a good counselor. I also called Denzel, he has been very willing to help with things. He has done everything I have asked him to do. He is the branch clerk.
Shamario, Denzel and myself did tithing today. It was a bit of a mess and we had a hard time balancing it. It's always tricky when people pay in America money. Could we have to convert it to EC dollars? Put it into the system? We also have to record it as American dollars so that the money we give to the bank balances out in EC dollars and American dollars. It took us a while but we finally got it done.
After church Geneva Williams was waiting for me to talk to me about her rent. I was a little disappointed because I paid 2 months to give her plenty of time to save up for this month and she had nothing. I told her I would pay it this month but she is going to have to come up with $200 at least by next month and she needs to start working on it right away. They figure out what they have to figure out but they'll take anything that you'll give him as long as you'll give it to them. I'm trying to break that cycle and still let them know that I care but I'm not sure they believe that.
We come home every Sunday after church and watch Natalie and Jacob's YouTube video they put out each week. They are in the process of building their house right now and they are coming along pretty good. They have some very big walls that they're building but they seem to manage them with the equipment they have.
We talked to Cade this evening and his family seems to be doing good. They went out and got a Christmas tree yesterday. They said. He showed me a picture of it and I would say it wasn't too much to look at. Actually. I guess one side didn't look too bad.
That was about our day. I was pretty darn tired after yesterday hauling all those block up the steps to Yohan's house and a little sore in the shoulders.
Here is a missionary picture of Noah. He will be coming to Barbados next week as a full-time missionary. We had a special fast for him today because I was worried that he wasn't doing too well. He never said that he wasn't but just talking to him. He didn't have that usual peppiness about him. I asked the branch to also remember him in their prayers. He's a good looking young man isn't he?
| Noah arrives in Barbados |
Comments
Post a Comment