Sunday, December 29, 2024

Sunday, December 29, 2024

  • Visit with Simone the longest member of the branch
  • Walked the neighborhood

We had a nice sacrament meeting today with many visitors. In fact, I think we had more visitors than members. I have Kevin Charles count attendance in sac up meeting every week and he said there were 64 today. I think we only had 30 or 31 members. 

Anyway, Juliana spoke on honesty and Karen Kennedy spoke and gave a very good talk but I'm not sure what her topic was. Our last speaker was Diann Davey. She basically read a conference report which was a good talk but it took her a long time to read it. We got out of sacra meeting quite late, about 20 after 11:00. 

We were supposed to have a branch council meeting but they are tearing a house down across the street from the church and they broke the water main and so we had no water. So after Sacrament meeting was over we sent everybody home. 

I called a member today. Her name is Simone. She is one of the longest baptized members on the island. She has also been to the temple. I guess during covid she kind of got off track and quit coming and has not come back. I just called and visited with her cuz we had stopped by a while back and visit her and I just wanted to check up on her. I don't think she has any drive right now to come and she lives way out. Because she is older I think she has a hard time getting around. Anyway. I told her I seen that her Temple recommend had expired and was wondering if we could get together and renew it. She said she wasn't going to the temple anytime soon so she was good for now. We had a nice visit and left it at that.

This evening Tina and I went out and went for a walk around the block. That's the first time we have really ever done that. The roads are a little scary to walk on even though the people here do it all the time. Anyway. It turned out to be quite a height because the road we were walked on was about straight up. Much easier coming back down. 

 this is a picture of laris and haviana on the island of St. Vincent. Pictured with them is Elder Jn Paul and Elder Burnett who used to be here. Elder John, Paul is Tasha and Linkes son. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025