Sunday, December 8, 2024

Sunday, December 8, 2024

  • Tedisha's talk on chastity 
  • Choir practice for the Christmas party
  • Talked to Kameron and Sam tonight.

Church today was good. Yohan did not make it for some reason. He gave no excuse but sent me a text after church had started saying he wasn't going to be there. I think it was because I asked him to teach the aeronic priesthood class lesson today. I called him last night and he said he had forgot about it. I told him it was a good thing. I called so he would remember. I suspect that is why he didn't show up for church today because he didn't want to teach the class. Yohan has a really good potential for being a good Branch president, but he seems to lack the desire. 

Anyway, Shomario is really excited about being a counselor and is doing a good job. He is willing to do everything he has asked. He conducted today and got the talks. One of our young women tadisha Cox was asked to speak and told the story of Joseph in Egypt and the encounter with the wife who tried to get him to sleep with her. She told that story because her topic was moral cleanliness. She got the story a little wrong though. She said that Joseph slept with her and shouldn't have. Anyway. Overall her talk was pretty good. 

After church today, our group had a choir practice for the Christmas program. It was kind of funny and fun as they were trying to figure out what type of singing voice everyone had. We finally got everyone moved around. . I'm not sure how good we are but it will be fun for them to do it in the Christmas program and I'm glad they're trying. 

After church we came home and had dinner. We made shish kabobs of sort because we didn't have any sticks. We just baked it in the oven. It was good but not quite as good as barbecuing them on sticks.

Kameron called and I talked to him for about an hour. They're all doing good and their kids are getting ready for Christmas.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025