Thursday, December 12, 2024

Thursday, December 12, 2024

  • Walk on the beach with Catholic lady
  • Study with Kevin Charles
  • Tasha's birthday yesterday

We had our mission devotional this morning. It's normally on Wednesday, but I think President Burnham and his wife were traveling from our Zone conference on Tuesday. Anyway. For some reason I was really tired and fell asleep in it. Luckily it was on zoom and they couldn't see me. 

After his own conference I told Tina I am going to go walk down a beach somewhere. I thought maybe the beach at Rodney Bay you could walk around to pigeon Island but there is too many obstacles in the way and and inlet that I forgot about so I would had to swim to get across that. 

Anyway, while we was walking along the beach, we ran into a lady who was vacationing with her husband who is not with her. She was quite chatty. I think she was from Maryland she said. Anyway, we talked about a lot of things about the island, the people, her travels, our travels and about anything else that we could think of. We told her we were missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and we're here for a year and a half. She told us not to bother trying to convert her because she was a very staunch Catholic. I told her I found that Catholic make good members of the church and if she gets the chance she should listen to the missionaries. And I told her to be nice to them because they are away from home at their own expanse and a lot of times feel homesick and need a good motherly figure to make them feel good about themselves. 

After leaving the lady we went up to Massey's to see if they had any milk. They sell box milk here which is edible but not the best. Massey gourmet gets in regular milk but not very often so you have to keep checking. They sell this one milk in cartons and I don't know what they put in it but it's like a drug. You start drinking it and it's so delicious! You just can't stop. I've never tasted milk like that before. Problem is is it is very very very expensive. Like $25 EC for a half a gallon. We pay it though and they're out of the other normal milk which is not all that cheap either. It's $20 EC for a gallon. 

After we got the milk we came home and had lunch. I took a little nap and then went down to the church to clean up after the bats. I can't tell if it's a old bat poop up there or they're still up there. I haven't seen them for a while but I know they were back in after they fixed the roof again. Anyway, I took the Shop-Vac that was at the church and vacuumed all the bat poop up and cleaned up and sanitized the floors and at least tried to get us smelling a little bit nicer. 

I ran to the store to pick up some air freshener stuff to put up in the attic because the bats really make it stink. Anyway, when I got there I couldn't find my credit card and couldn't remember when I used it last. I finally found a receipt in my bag and it was from yesterday but I for the life of me could not remember what I had bought and it didn't say on the receipt. Anyway, I finally remembered that when we were at the church last night, the batteries were dead in the microphone and there's a a gas station with a little store in it around the corner from us and we walked down and bought some batteries. But I still couldn't find the credit card. I figured I must have lost it because I know I had it after I paid for the batteries and I put it in my pocket. I thought with my phone and I was thinking that I probably pulled my phone out and it pulled the card out with it and I lost it somewhere. Anyway, I drove back to the church to look around and I decided to check all over the car and it was under the driver seat. I was very happy about that. It takes months to get a credit card here. 

Oh, one other thing I did today was go over to Kevin Charles and have a Book of Mormon study time with him. He has always been a little off and stinks badly. But not too long ago he went in to the health clinic and got his medications adjusted and he's really changed. The last time we went to his house we could not stay in his room. It was so bad. So I was hoping that we could study outside but when I got there he had chair set up inside and his house no longer stunk. We read second nephi chapter 29 together and talked about all the things that is telling us. I think he really enjoyed it. I don't know if I mentioned it but I gave him a calling to count attendance at church each week and he has really taken a serious. He gets after it and is actually pretty accurate. 

We have a few members that function but are slightly off but they have good spirits about them for the most part. 

Tasha Jn Paul's birthday party

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025