Thursday, December 19, 2024
Thursday, December 19, 2024
This morning we headed to Castrie's on our way we stopped by the church and there were some workers there waiting to get in to service the AC units in the building. We have about eight of them. It was just coincidence that we stopped by as they just called to find out how they were going to get inside. I left them in and they got started and then we went to town.
Our mission was to try and find the customs office where we could pick up some Book of Mormons that we have held up there. At least according to the tracking that's where they're at. Anyway. We tried to get in but they told us we didn't have the proper paperwork and they wouldn't let us in. So we went to do some shopping for Christmas. I dropped off Tina at S&S but the traffic was so crazy and there was no parking. So I just drove around a block twice which took about a half hour because of all the traffic and she picked up a few things and I happen to be in front of S&S when she was done.
After that we went to the car park and then went and found Caren at her booth at the market. We were looking for a nativity scene and she told us she had one. It wasn't exactly what we wanted but we wanted to help her out so we bought it. It looks nice. It's more of a tree ornament than an actual setup Nativity scene, but it will be nice on a tree.
We were walking by where they sell the fish and they had something cut up. That was really big. I asked one of the guys what it was and he said it was a shark. They were selling it in chunks.
By this time it was about lunch time and we were hungry so we headed home and had lunch.
After I drove back down to the church to make sure the service men were done and had locked up. They were done and they did lock up. From there. I drove up North to see Darren and tell him that his phone was mashed up and not not repairable. We talked about some options and he wants to go downtown to look for phones on Monday. I told them that I'm not allowed to haul people but I would check and maybe in this situation I could..
It was funny because I stopped at Rochelle's shop before I went over to Darren's, he just lives across the street and was telling her about Darren's phone and there was a guy in there. Actually there were two guys and one said that we just need to buy a screen and replace it. I told them I went to two places and another place and none of them said they could get a screen for it. He was pretty adamant that it could be fixed.
Finally that guy left and Rochelle told me he was the one that broke the phone and he doesn't want to pay to get it fixed. He told Darren that he would pay half and now he doesn't want to. Darren said he's going to though. I'm not sure how he's going to make him but maybe they have their ways.
At any rate, it created quite a stir in Rochelle's shop. When we were talking about it. Rochelle was saying that it cannot be fixed and don't waste your money and he was saying it can be fixed for a lot less. After he left. She said it can't be fixed and don't even waste money on it.
After leaving her place I went over to Darren's to tell him the bad news about his phone. He was kind of upset that the guy won't come and talk to him about paying half but he said he needs to find a new phone and tell him what the cost will be and he will pay half. So we'll see what happens I guess.
After that I went to the market and picked up some milk and the shopping malls and any centers are just crazy right now. To get home I ended up going back up towards Darren's cuz the traffic was less going that direction and taking a side road that takes you up over the mountain and back to our house. It's not too bad of a road but a lot narrower and it was very busy because everybody was trying to use the back roads to bypass the traffic on the main road. Anyway, I made it home safe and sound.
Comments
Post a Comment