Thursday, December 5, 2024

Thursday, December 5, 2024

  • Preparing for a TV interview

Last night Yohan told me that a TV station wanted to interview us about our belief in Christ and our Christmas traditions. I thought he was joking but he made a few calls and I found out that they really did want us to come over. 

The TV station is just around the corner from the church so Tina and I went over to find out exactly what it was that they wanted from us. We met a lady named Linda. She was very nice and explained that they just wanted to give all the churches on the island the opportunity to share their Christian views about Christmas and our beliefs in Christ. She wanted to do it right then but I said that we had other people that we maybe wanted to use and could we do it tomorrow. She said that would be fine. 

So I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to find people that would be part of the interview. I really wanted them to all be locals. I asked Denzel if he would be on but he didn't want to be and quit responding to me. I called his mom several times but she didn't answer. So I figured she didn't want to be on either. But I found out later that she just doesn't have good cell service and didn't get my calls. 

I ended up asking Caren Kennedy and Rosa Paul. They seem kind of excited about it. I think. I also called President Nicholas down in the vieux fort Branch. But he didn't really want to do it either. So I thought that having Caren and Rosa do it would be enough. 

Just in case I spent the rest of the day reading the Christmas story in Luke 2 and Matthew 2 and studying scriptures related to to that and Christ. I studied a lot of different things and hope that I would be able to recall them tomorrow if I get asked to do something. But I really don't plan on it. 

I was supposed to need to die about selling the truck today but didn't get with him. We'll try again tomorrow.

Humming Bird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025