Tuesday, December 17, 2024
Tuesday, December 17, 2024
- Making Cinnamon rolls
- Fixing the missionaries phones
- Delivered rolls to the lady that called to return the stolen missionary stuff
- Almost hit pulling out of our driveway
- Grinding Cinnamon from tree bark
I woke up to rain this morning at about 4:30 a.m. It sounded like it rained pretty hard but you didn't had to stop by the time we got up.
I've been trying to do 200 push-ups and 60 pull-ups a day and usually run the stairs in about 10 times which is a pretty good workout but I didn't do the stairs today.
So our plan this week is that we are going to make cinnamon rolls everyday and deliver them to friends and member of the branch. It could turn out to be a bigger project than we want to take on, but we started today.
We took the cinnamon at Desmond. Gave us the other day and ground it up and used it in the cinnamon rolls. It has a little different flavor than that you buy from the store but it was okay.
We decided we were going to get the phone situation with the missionaries taken care of today so we headed to Digicel to find out why they can't get them turned on. On the way we text Elder Kowallis and said that was our plan. The missionaries were waiting for us at the store. He text me back and said to hold off that they think they might have it resolved. So the trip up to Rodney Bay which isn't an easy trip at this time of day around three the traffic is getting busy.
We bought a few things from the store that we needed to make our cinnamon rolls and then went home. We put the cinnamon rolls we made today on plates and took them out to deliver them. We delivered some to the lady whose friend found the sister's bag that was stolen when they lost their phones and her friend who was actually the one that found the stuff. When we got back from her house we took a plate over to our neighbors who are from Taiwan. Then we took one to Tasha and her family.
We have an extra plate so we decided to take it to Karen Kennedy. We almost got in a bad wreck pulling out of our driveway. It's hard to see because there's a big roll of bushes in the way when you pull out but there's a mirror across the street and I couldn't see that any cars were coming so I started to pull out and there was a car that come around the turn and was coming very fast. I thought for sure he was going to hit me but I guned it and got in across the lane into my lane. He was getting and laid on his arm but nobody got hit. We were grateful and felt like our prayers were answered. Every time we go out. We have a prayer that will be alert and attentive and safe and that our vehicle be protected as well as those walking and ourselves. Today that prayer was answered.
We had a nice visit with Karen for a few minutes. She is active in the Lions club here on the island and is the vice president right now and said she will be the president next year.
Oh I did go down to Digicel to see if I could get Darren's phone fixed and they said that they couldn't fix it and you would have to buy a new one. They had one for 399 and 1 for 499. I'll stop by and give him the bad news tomorrow if I get up that way.
We have also been looking for some cases of Book of Mormon that we ordered some time ago and have not received them. Apparently they might be held up in customs. I'm not sure where that is, but we'll probably go check it out tomorrow and see if we can locate it.
This is me grinding up cinnamon for cinnamon rolls.
Comments
Post a Comment